Windows 10: Direkt-Tek DTLAPC14-1 Laptop Internal Microphone not showing up under sounds - can't use...

Discus and support Direkt-Tek DTLAPC14-1 Laptop Internal Microphone not showing up under sounds - can't use... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help! My laptop is not showing any hardware or driver for my internal microphone. I can't use Zoom for my remote learning classes without it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CABISER, Aug 31, 2020.

1. CABISER Win User

Direkt-Tek DTLAPC14-1 Laptop Internal Microphone not showing up under sounds - can't use...

Please help! My laptop is not showing any hardware or driver for my internal microphone. I can't use Zoom for my remote learning classes without it.

I have tried to update my drivers successfully and update Windows but it says I don't have enough memory to do so.

HHHEEELLLPPP!

Direkt-Tek DTLAPC14-1 Laptop Internal Microphone not showing up under sounds - can't use... 096a7587-b931-4f5a-8d34-8c7b1ce734cf?upload=true.png

:)

CABISER, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Louie Del Win User

Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Internal Microphone in Laptop and Sleep mode issues after windows 10

Hi Sharmarke,

Welcome to the Microsoft community.

You could face this issue when the Microphone is not getting detected by the Operating System. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Step 1:

Even though you have enabled the Microphone, I suggest you to set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Sound, video and game controller drivers
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver mentioned there and select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.
    Step 2:
    Adjust the input level if you have difficulty recording. Click Properties, and then click on Levels.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the driver from manufacturer's website.

Updating drivers always do not work, let us try to uninstall and reinstall the driver. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the Sound, video and game controller driver.

Step 1: Follow the step given below to uninstall the
    Sound, video and game controller drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Sound, video and game controller drivers
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver mentioned there and select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.
    Step 2: Reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

You can also refer to the steps given in the link given below. Please select the correct model number.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

Try the additional steps given in the link below. The step are almost same for Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Resolving microphone problems (Windows 8)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03421813

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.
    This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows

Issue 2: This could be an issue with the corrupt power plan settings. This issue might also occur due to outdated display driver or some other devices are responsible to keep it
    awake.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by Pinaki Mohanty replied on October 29, 2013.

Windows 8.1 - upgrade from Windows 8 - Sleep mode does no longer work

Let us know the status of the issue. We will help you further.

Arul_D, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Direkt-Tek DTLAPC14-1 Laptop Internal Microphone not showing up under sounds - can't use...

Lenovo B40-80 internal microphone not working

Hello,

Incompatibility, a missing or corrupted audio driver may be causing the issue you are now encountering.

Method 1: Initially, let us try running the audio troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search bar and click it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Playing Audio and follow the instructions
    Method 2: Let's adjust the volume for your microphone and check if it is set as default.
    • Right-click the speaker icon which is on the right bottom corner of the desktop screen of the taskbar.
    • Click on Sounds, click the
      Recording
      tab.
    • Click Microphone, and then click
      Properties. (Note: Make sure that Working appears under Microphone. If Working does not appear, click Microphone, and then click Set Default.)
    • In the Microphone Properties dialog box, click the
      Custom tab.
    • Select or clear the Microphone Boost
      check box.
    • Click the Levels tab.
    • Adjust the volume slider to the level that you want, and then click
      OK.
    • Click OK to close the Sound dialog box.
    Method 3: If the issue persists, then I would also suggest that you try updating the drivers for the sound card and check if that helps.

Step 1: Follow the steps provided below to update the drivers.

• Drag the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the
      Start.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate the device you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, and then click
      Update Driver and follow the instructions.
    Step 2: Visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest drivers available for the latest operating system.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Rey Cam, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Direkt-Tek DTLAPC14-1 Laptop Internal Microphone not showing up under sounds - can't use... - Similar Threads - Direkt Tek DTLAPC14

2. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart: Hello Guys,I locked my Laptop through bitlocker and forgot my Password. Because of that I cleaned the encrypted Disk with diskpart planning to reinstall Windows with a USB Drive. diskpart and than "Clean"But now, I cant select the Drive to Install Windows on and IT doesnt...
  3. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart: Hello Guys,I locked my Laptop through bitlocker and forgot my Password. Because of that I cleaned the encrypted Disk with diskpart planning to reinstall Windows with a USB Drive. diskpart and than "Clean"But now, I cant select the Drive to Install Windows on and IT doesnt...
  4. Microphone array not showing up in input sound

in Cortana
    Microphone array not showing up in input sound: In sound settings at the input option it is not showing microphone array and the test for microphone which is below to input is not blinking ....how to set up microphone array at input option...
  5. Microphone not showing up under input devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not showing up under input devices.: Hey guys, I just got a new computer today, but I'm running into an issue. My microphone isn't picking up anything and when I went to check my sound settings, it wasn't even showing up at all under input devices. It's plugged in correctly and I never had any problems with it...
  6. Laptop microphone picking up all sounds.!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop microphone picking up all sounds.!!: My Lenovo laptop picking up all sounds that playing in background..Such as while playing Games connected in Discord or in Google meet, my friends also hears what I hear.. Help me to solve this issue.. Thanks in advance..!!! Ps:- It's not My headphone issue or Discord issue.....
  7. External Microphone Doesn't Show Up under Sound Control Panel's "Recording" tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Microphone Doesn't Show Up under Sound Control Panel's "Recording" tab: An external microphone doesn't show up under "Recording" devices in the Sound Control Panel when plugged into an HP Envy 15t-as100 CTO laptop. No icon appears for the external mic at all. After plugging it in, I do see the cursor flash like it's trying to initialize or...
  8. Windows can't detect internal microphone

Windows can't detect internal microphone: Hi, I don't remember since when this started but suddenly the apps in my laptop can't detect the internal microphone. I have tried everything I can from troubleshooters to uninstalling the driver and then restarting the laptop but this is still the case. What should I do to...
  9. Laptop showing up under Network location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop showing up under Network location: Hi everyone: It's possible that a long time ago I created this "network" location on my laptop when I was trying to connect my Brother printer. That said, how do I get rid of it or am I supposed to have it? Notice how the users are duplicated? I think it may be causing a...
  10. Microphones are showing but not picking up sound. HELP!

Microphones are showing but not picking up sound. HELP!: Hello, I just got Turtle Beach Recon 50P Stereo Gaming Headset. It comes with a built in microphone. When i plug it in, the audio works but the mic does not. I went to the "recording" settings under the "Sound" settings and I have microphones showing but only the Laptops...