Windows 10: Disable 1903 Windows Defender?

Discus and support Disable 1903 Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'd like to know how to completely disable Windows Defender on the new 1903 update. On 1809 I was able to use gpedit tweaks to disable Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CntrlAltDel, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Disable 1903 Windows Defender?

I'd like to know how to completely disable Windows Defender on the new 1903 update. On 1809 I was able to use gpedit tweaks to disable Windows Defender completely because I use Eset Internet Security (an AV with its own firewall). After the 1903 update I recognized that Microsoft tried to reincorporate Windows Defender by lacing it with your alternative aftermarket antivirus whatever that may be.

I'd like to be completely rid Windows Defender, if anyone knows how to do that I'd be much obliged.

Disable 1903 Windows Defender? [​IMG]

Disable 1903 Windows Defender? [​IMG]

:)

CntrlAltDel, Jun 11, 2019

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 11, 2019
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Disable 1903 Windows Defender?

Windows Defender disables itself

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on Windows defender.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to inform you that if you have other antivirus on your computer, so Windows defender automatically

disable itself.

If you don’t have any other antivirus on computer then I would suggest you to check the services for Windows defender:

Steps:

• Close all application and program and reboot the computer.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type services.msc and press enter.

• From the list, you will see two services for Windows defender.

• Right click on both the services one at a time.

• Click on properties.

• Under general tab, select automatic from startup type.

• Click on start and then click on apply and then ok.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Disable 1903 Windows Defender?

1. Disable 1903 Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - Disable 1903 Defender

2. Windows Defender disabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled?: Hello, so I upgraded my pc some months ago, so I formatted it also. After a few weeks of playing all seems normal except then I realized that Windows Defender is completely disabled, like literally. There are no options, it doesnt do any routine scans or anything. How can I...
  3. Windows Defender disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender disabled?: Hello, so I upgraded my pc some months ago, so I formatted it also. After a few weeks of playing all seems normal except then I realized that Windows Defender is completely disabled, like literally. There are no options, it doesnt do any routine scans or anything. How can I...
  4. Disable Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Windows Defender: Hello,I want to disable windows defender on my windows 10 N.I tried changing enabling the group policy but the change is not effective and it changes back to not configured. Tampering protection is off according to Powershell, as I disabled it before hand.Killing MsMpEng.exe,...
  5. Disabling Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Windows Defender: I just need one question answered. What happens to the quarantined files when you disable windows defender either on server or professional editions? Are they automatically deleted? restored? stuck in quarantine forever?...
  6. Windows Defender is disabled

Windows Defender is disabled: Hello, I'm having a problem with my Windows Defender because after McAfee expired, Defender won't activate. It seems like it is disabled because the dashboard doesn't show any options i.e. Real Time Protection, etc. How can I fix this problem? This is how Windows Defender...
  7. Disable 1903 Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable 1903 Windows Defender?: I'd like to know how to completely disable Windows Defender on the new 1903 update. On 1809 I was able to use gpedit tweaks to disable Windows Defender completely because I use Eset Internet Security (an AV with its own firewall). After the 1903 update I recognized that...
  8. Window defender disabled

Window defender disabled: I have Windows 8.1. My Windows defender got disabled, I have no clue how it happened. When I try to run I get message "This app is turned off by group policy" I do not have any other account on my PC and I am administrator. I do not know how to edit Group Policy. Please...
  9. disable windows defender

disable windows defender: I have virus protection windows defender keeps popping up how can I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/disable-windows-defender/37ff4af2-5f1d-4010-bcc4-5e2dd9f3ba9c
  10. Disable Windows Defender

Disable Windows Defender: Howdy, According to this Microsoft article: Configure telemetry and other settings in your organization (Windows) To Disable Windows Defender I have written the following code (Disable.bat): REM Disable Windows Defender REG ADD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off windows defender 1903

2. how to completely disable firewall windows 10 1903 update

3. disable defender 1903

4. windows 10 defender 1903 disable regedit,
  5. windows 1903 disable defender,
  6. windows 10 1903 stop defender antivirus service,
  7. remove windows defender 1903,
  8. disable windoes defander 1903,
  9. turn of windows defender reg 1903,
  10. windows defender 1903 keeps messing up network