Windows 10: Disable 1909 First Run Welcome Screen

Discus and support Disable 1909 First Run Welcome Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every since I upgraded from 1809 to 1909 in March this welcome screen popups on boot every six weeks or so. How can I get rid of it? Once I did click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by idahosurge, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Disable 1909 First Run Welcome Screen

Every since I upgraded from 1809 to 1909 in March this welcome screen popups on boot every six weeks or so. How can I get rid of it?

Once I did click "Continue" and went through a few screens and the canceled thinking that would get rid of it, but it just keeps popping up on boot every once in awhile.

Disable 1909 First Run Welcome Screen [​IMG]

:)

idahosurge, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 1, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Disable 1909 First Run Welcome Screen

Touch screen disabled in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Try to run a inbuilt
    Hardware troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch Screen. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    Method 2.Try updating the Touch screen drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the touch Screendrivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Disable 1909 First Run Welcome Screen

1. Disable 1909 First Run Welcome Screen - Similar Threads - Disable 1909 Run

2. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  3. Welcome Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  4. Eliminate both logo screen and Welcome screen at first boot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Eliminate both logo screen and Welcome screen at first boot?: When I start my computer, I get the usual fast-flash things that happen during BIOS startup, and then I get (1) the screen with just the Windows 10 logo and a spinner on it, and that is followed by (2) a screen that shows my User Name and the word Welcome, and then I see my...
  5. Windows 10 without first welcome screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 without first welcome screen?: Hello, I am setting up Windows 10 in a computer lab. The computer lab has used local shared accounts with the guest role. These computers are bound to the domain, and we would like to assign credentials to each of the users. Since computers can be by different users, is...
  6. Windows 10 without first welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 without first welcome screen?: Hello, I am setting up Windows 10 in a computer lab. The computer lab has used local shared accounts with the guest role. These computers are bound to the domain, and we would like to assign credentials to each of the users. Since computers can be by different users, is...
  7. Windows stuck on welcome screen after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck on welcome screen after 1909 update: Hi there, I managed to update Windows from version 1903 to 1909. However, after entering my password to log in to my account, the screen becomes blurry and the little wheel appears, but nothing else. I can't get back to Windows and I've tried everything I could find on the...
  8. Welcome screen?

Welcome screen?: How do insert an image to fill the 'empty' default circle on my Welcome screen? Lisa HSJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/d916a12b-61ba-4cfb-aec0-db319311f4e0
  9. Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen

Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen: Hi, I want to change the Welcome and Lock-Screen to a Solid Color. That Pictures from Windows are just Horrible, Terrible , they are making me sick. Thank you 63087
  10. Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen: *Confused Please help an old fella , how do i get rid of all these welcome screens when i am getting my pc ready ?? windows 10 ty 91215