Windows 10: Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?

Discus and support Disable 20H2 new Start Menu? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Is there a way to disable the new start menu and revert it back to what it was in version 2004? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by antares, Oct 30, 2020.

1. antares Win User

Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?

I upgraded from Windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Is there a way to disable the new start menu and revert it back to what it was in version 2004? Thanks

:)

antares, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Drew1903 Win User

Have New 20H2 Start (NOW)

The 20H2 Start Menu can be 'released' from within 20H1.

You will, still, do 20H2 via WU in October, BUT can have the new 20H2 Start Menu, now by doing the following:

1. Open up Notepad.
    2. Paste the following text:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\0\2093230218]

"EnabledState"=dword:00000002

"EnabledStateOptions"=dword:00000000

3. Save the file as 'Start Menu.reg'.
    4. Run the file.
    5. Reboot

Disable 20H2 new Start Menu? 53142dcc-6dd4-4afd-9221-e0a28bfdd328?upload=true.jpg

now and, still, OS Build 19041.508

Cheers,

Drew

Disable 20H2 new Start Menu? 101ca3b6-ebd9-4c80-b925-776d208b62eb?upload=true.jpg

Drew1903, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Windows 20H2 Domain Join breaks Start Menu

Upon doing a recovery of a system to start with a clean slate, it now installs 20H2. All looks good. Start menu and taskbar look normal.

We then join it to our domain. Upon reboot, the start menu will not show the applications list. No option to expose it. Start menu settings shows "Show app list in start menu" greyed out. Trying to log out shows as the only option "Change Account Settings"
    Right clicking on taskbar, the task manager is greyed out. We checked the GPO for the start menu app list removal and it is listed as "not configured". Tried setting the local policy to different settings with no effect.

Read thru the event viewer and nothing jumped out as related.

All very strange. We are a hospital that has been running this AD schema for a number of years. It is based on Windows Server 2012 R2. We have over 250 systems with multiple levels of windows 10 Pro systems in production, with none of them showing these
    behaviors. At this point, 20H2 is unusable for us.

JohnWilliamsCCH, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Disabling Cortana in Creators Update Disabled Start Menu

Hi,

Cortana is embedded in the Start menu. As part of the development and changes in Windows 10 Creators Update, disabling Cortana is not advisable since it may cause your Start menu to become unresponsive. To troubleshoot your concern
    with Cortana and Start menu, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Disable 20H2 new Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Disable 20H2 Start

2. Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2: Hi, I am having a problem with the full-screen start menu, when I have it on the full screen it has an ugly grey or a blinding white color as the background. Does anybody know how to fix this?[ATTACH]...
  3. Start Menu no longer working 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu no longer working 20H2: I updated my windows 10 Pro to version 20H2 this morning and now my start menu is no longer working. I have tried other accounts on the PC and they appear to be working fine, so it's just affecting my main account. Anyone experienced this or have a fix? Many thanks 169078
  4. Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?

Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?: I upgraded from Windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Is there a way to disable the new start menu and revert it back to what it was in version 2004? Thanks 167373
  5. 20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency: Greetings I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but alas I can't really enjoy it because of the "lack" of transparency for everything that is NOT a tile. I can't even...
  6. How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DavyScript [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/encpik/how_to_disable_the_new_start_menu_flyout/
  7. Disable Start Menu Hover

Disable Start Menu Hover: Hey there! When I'm in the main desktop and I hover over the start button for 2 seconds, the start menu appears. Is there any way to disable that? It's REALLY annoying. Thanks in advance. 36417
  8. Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?

Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?: When a new program is installed it displays 'New' next to it and next to 'all apps' in the start menu, any way to disable? Thanks 16739
  9. new start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    new start menu: i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger bar to get the menu up 6211
  10. Start menu Personalization Disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu Personalization Disabled: Had to try a few different methods to get the start menu not working problem to go away. Finally I had to go back to a restore point from just after the upgrade from Windows 7 to get the start menu to work again. Now I try to turn back on the folders in Personalization >...