Windows 10: Disable a hardware memory range

Discus and support Disable a hardware memory range in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do you disable a memory range in Windows 10? I suspect I have a broken memory module, which caused a BSOD. Thanks for helping!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by superMinecraftL, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Disable a hardware memory range

How do you disable a memory range in Windows 10? I suspect I have a broken memory module, which caused a BSOD. Thanks for helping!

:)

superMinecraftL, Sep 25, 2020

2. HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Explorer.exe memory usage normal range

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the answers of Mr. Pinaki Mohanty, from the following link and check if it helps.

Normal or Healthy Range of Disk, Memory, and CPU Usage for Windows 8.1

Note: This steps or information provided in the link is also applicable for Windows 10 as well.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Disable a hardware memory range

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Disable a hardware memory range

1. Disable a hardware memory range - Similar Threads - Disable hardware memory

2. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved memory: Hello,am having a problem with my memory in the last 3 days.As you can see here my hardware reserved memory is 8.1gb ,i have tryed reseting my bios,removing my cmos battery and putting it back again,unchecked maximum memory in msconfig ,set no paging file on system memory in...
  3. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved memory: Hello,am having a problem with my memory in the last 3 days.As you can see here my hardware reserved memory is 8.1gb ,i have tryed reseting my bios,removing my cmos battery and putting it back again,unchecked maximum memory in msconfig ,set no paging file on system memory in...
  4. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved memory: Hi - my 8GB of ram has been reduced down to 6GB because 2GB of it is hardware reserved. I've tried swapping the sticks around 2 sticks of 4GB DDR4-2666, I've tried Windows Memory Diagnostics, and even looked at the maximum memory option in msconfig. Both sticks of memory are...
  6. hardware reserved memory

hardware reserved memory: I have 8gb of ram installed on my computer and 1.1gb of it is hardware reserved and im wondering how to fix it since ive tried every way ive found to try and fix it...
  7. Hardware reserved memory!

Hardware reserved memory!: First I need o say that I use windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I have Ryzen 5 3500U and 8GB ramAsus ZenBook, UX431DA! I said all that information because I tried to do all from Flash my BIOS, Edit somethind in regedit or msconfig, and runned maintenance task! I have 8 gb ram 2x4 and...
  8. Hardware Reserved Memory

Hardware Reserved Memory: Hello everyone, my computer specs are as follows: AMD FX 8350 CPU ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard AMD Radeon R200 270X Gskill 2x8gb 1600hz RAM I have 64 bit Windows 10 pro OS I have the problem that makes half of my RAM 4.1 GB to be exact hardware reserved and cannot be...
  9. reserved memory for hardware

reserved memory for hardware: so,i have windows 10 pro on my fujitsu laptop in the task manager it shows 5.6 gb of ram is reserved hardware and only 2.4 gb ram out of 8 gb is available plus in that 1.1 gb is used for background processes so,in the end i only have 1.3 gb left. how do i reduce the...
  10. "hardware reserved" memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "hardware reserved" memory.: Recently booted up my pc after a bios reset (computer blue screened) and I noticed a lack in performance compare to my computer's normal speed. Looked in task manager and it is classing 8gb of my 16 that's installed as "hardware reserved". I'd like to know why this is, what I...