Windows 10: Disable a Playback Device for a certain program?

Discus and support Disable a Playback Device for a certain program? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello good people, First off, Windows 10 on an XPS 15 9560 - 7700k My question stems from a bit of annoyance, and not necessarily a problem...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cosenna, Mar 29, 2018.

1. cosenna Win User

Disable a Playback Device for a certain program?

Hello good people,

First off, Windows 10 on an XPS 15 9560 - 7700k

My question stems from a bit of annoyance, and not necessarily a problem...

Basically, I want to disable the Speakers/Headphones device for only one program, Battlefield 1, because I use Bluetooth headphones and a 3.5mm mic for it.

Reason being, if I forget to disable the speakers before starting the game, the VoIP system is messed up and I cant hear my teammates (this is the only way I've found to remedy the situation.) I then have to quit the game, disable the playback device, then restart it. It's very annoying. Usually, I remember to do this before, but all too often I will forget.

The other reason is -- I hate the speakers/headphones being disabled in the first place. I listen to headphones at work and have to re-enable it. It's just a step I would like to avoid having to do in the future. Is there a solution to this without installing a 3rd party software?

Thanks in advance!

Zach

:)

cosenna, Mar 29, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Mar 29, 2018
  3. Headphone not recognize by win. 10

Thank you for answering me.

I done all of this Methods before, when I plug in the headphone nothing appears in the device manger

(Headphone device) or in the playback devices (Disconnected/Disabled Devices).

Is there a way to install a program or to do certain method to make win. do any action when I plug the headphone in (to enable front jack detection)?!

HomeALone55, Mar 29, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Sound settings doesn't work? (Or are they there only in Insider for now?)

Disable a Playback Device for a certain program? [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable a Playback Device for a certain program? - Similar Threads - Disable Playback Device

2. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?: I keep getting very annoyed because roblox heavily prefers to take inputs from my controller over my mouse and keyboard, so I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable my controller but only inside roblox, as unplugging it is not an option because I always have...
  3. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?: I keep getting very annoyed because roblox heavily prefers to take inputs from my controller over my mouse and keyboard, so I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable my controller but only inside roblox, as unplugging it is not an option because I always have...
  4. Is it possible to block certain programs from seeing certain devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Certain programs are causing device to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs are causing device to restart: I'm completely at a loss and didn't know where else to turn at this point. Starting a few days ago, some software like Ultimaker Cura 5.4.0 and Armorsmith Designer will immediately cause my desktop to blackscreen and restart. None of the settings have been changed that I'm...
  6. Certain programs are causing device to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain programs are causing device to restart: I'm completely at a loss and didn't know where else to turn at this point. Starting a few days ago, some software like Ultimaker Cura 5.4.0 and Armorsmith Designer will immediately cause my desktop to blackscreen and restart. None of the settings have been changed that I'm...
  7. Certain programs are causing device to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Disable playback

Disable playback: Computer is playing sound on both headphones and speaker. I can't disable any of them because they are listed as a single entity in playback devices. I am confused. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-playback/f5241ded-a75b-4757-95f2-7101d98f4d28
  9. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  10. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...