Windows 10: Disable access for specific programm for webcam?

Discus and support Disable access for specific programm for webcam? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey so im having a problem that a game actually "steals" control of the webcam which im actually using it for something else. Is there some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IamSpeedexe, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Disable access for specific programm for webcam?

Disable access for specific programm for webcam? GKFcwpKh_LOkmEDW-e7974DuVntT0XSioMDhO46hNl4.jpg

Hey so im having a problem that a game actually "steals" control of the webcam which im actually using it for something else. Is there some way i can disable that access for the programm thats stealing the access?

https://preview.redd.it/q1l392vfajh...bp&s=90a6df55b4e06db635babdee1460aa67f1e22f74

So ive found this little panel and i believe thats what im looking for, still got no clue what a package family name is and when googleing, it just spits out poop.

submitted by /u/IamSpeedexe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IamSpeedexe, Feb 17, 2020

2. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

Hi Kevin

Method 1: If the Webcam is listed under Devices and printers, please follow the steps.

a. Press Windows key + R

b. Type: control printers

c. Hit Enter

d. Check if the Logitech webcam is listed.

e. Right click on Logitech webcam.

f. Click on Set this device as default.

Follow method 2 if webcam is not listed.

Method 2: What best we can do is we can disable the Internal webcam. You will be able to enable the webcam anytime you want.

Please follow the steps to disable HP Envy Webcam.

a. Press Windows + X, click Device Manager.

b. Click Imaging devices.

c. Right click on webcam.

d. Click Disable.

Andre for Directly, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Paul Iteh Win User

Disable access for specific programm for webcam?

LENOVO IDEAPAD 100 (15)- Can't access webcam

Dear Patricia,

Thanks for your prompt response. Here under are my replies to your questions:

• Are you receiving any error codes/messages when trying to access the webcam? >>Yes. The error code: 0xA00F4244(0xC00DABE0)
    • Are there specific apps that you use to access the webcam? >>No specific apps.
    • When was the last time you were able to properly use the webcam? >>When the OS of the Laptop was WINDOWS 8.1 (the original OS that came with the LAPTOP)
    • Were there any changes made on the system prior to the issue? Perhaps Windows Updates? >>No. When I upgrade to WINDOWS 10, I started experiencing the problem. I cannot access the webcam again.
    Thanks for your assistance.

Paul Iteh, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Disable access for specific programm for webcam?

1. Disable access for specific programm for webcam? - Similar Threads - Disable access specific

2. Disable webcam for specific desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable webcam for specific desktop app: I need to block a single application from using my Webcam, and it's a desktop app. Please advise how I can do this, or implement this feature. It's driving me nuts!The program in question is the Webex desktop app....
  3. Disable webcam for specific desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable webcam for specific desktop app: I need to block a single application from using my Webcam, and it's a desktop app. Please advise how I can do this, or implement this feature. It's driving me nuts!The program in question is the Webex desktop app....
  4. How to disable mic access to a specific app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable mic access to a specific app: I want to disable mic access to the highlited app but can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-mic-access-to-a-specific-app/5b7ea0de-6a16-4cba-8cdc-ac3c55ee4d8c
  5. How to disable mic access to a specific app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable mic access to a specific app: I want to disable mic access to the highlited app but can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-mic-access-to-a-specific-app/5b7ea0de-6a16-4cba-8cdc-ac3c55ee4d8c
  6. How to disable mic access to a specific app

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Access to the webcam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to the webcam: When windows asked for the "access to the webcam" permission unfortunately, I have pressed the block button also by giving a tickmark on "Remember My Action". Now when i am opening my camera it is blocked and saying that you can change your privacy settings. But even if I...
  8. webcam access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    webcam access: I cant open my camera in some apps as we are learning online. it says that we are unable to detect a webcam with you computer. I think it is due ti antivirus software but i dont know how to open it. i tried to enable the access bottom from the setting but still it is not...
  9. Accessing Webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing Webcam: Hi, I am having trouble keeping the camera on so it picks up me during the conversation of a virtual session. I see my participant fine. The audio is great in both directions. When I look for every possible location to ensure the webcam is on, they are. The problem when I...
  10. Disabling a specific program from accessing my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling a specific program from accessing my microphone: I recently bought Killer Instinct on Steam and found out your microphone is always on in the lobbies. There is no way to mute myself in game other than not using my mic at all I want to use my mic on other chatting apps like Discord while I play the game, but the game is...