Windows 10: Disable Action Center

Discus and support Disable Action Center in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 with a Planar touchscreen and can not get the action center completely disabled. There are two computers, each running the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JPESI, Feb 25, 2020.

1. JPESI Win User

Disable Action Center

I am running windows 10 with a Planar touchscreen and can not get the action center completely disabled. There are two computers, each running the same programs and hardware setup. I was able to disable action center on one of the two computers, by disabling it in the registry. However, this did not work on the other computer. Action center has also been disabled in settings and group policy. If I swipe my finger from the bottom right corner, action center still pops up.

Any suggestions?

:)

JPESI, Feb 25, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

thats why you uncheck all of the boxes all i think action center is is a warning about various other aspects of the pc. so just uncheck everything and it wont complain about jack or show the icon its worked on countless 7 formats with me. though i do agree security center is diffirent i wasnt entirely implying that it was the same more like security center in itself is also an unneeded program

granted but unchecking what it monitors surely is a way to lighten the load? id imagine anyway seeing as your telling it not to actuively check those programs

Solaris17, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Sharief K Win User

Disable Action Center

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Disable Action Center

1. Disable Action Center - Similar Threads - Disable Action Center

2. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  3. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  4. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  5. Want to disable opening action center gesture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to disable opening action center gesture: The title says it all. The reason for this is because I have the taskbar hiding on the right side of the screen and every time I want to swipe right in tablet mode to see the taskbar, it opens the action center instead. Any solutions?...
  6. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  7. How do I disable Action Center?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable Action Center?: I had to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop yesterday and now the action center keeps popping up even when there are no new notifications. I just click somewhere on the desktop and the action center pops out! Is there any way to disable it*Think And I used to just double tap...
  8. Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled: Hello, since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on them. Also actions center doesn't react to what I have checked in 'Actions and Notifications' settings. The list is constant,...
  9. Disable Action Center in Windows 10 on tablets

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Action Center in Windows 10 on tablets: Hi, I need to disable the Action Center on Surface Tablets. I've found this link: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html It works only on Desktop computers with a normal monitor, but not on Surface Tablets. The icon disappears also on the tablets, but i...
  10. Enable or Disable Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Action Center in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the Action Center in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system notifications, alongside...