Windows 10: Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

Discus and support Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had yet another frustrating bout of Aero shake hiding all the windows I was working with today. It's been eleven years. Can you PLEASE allow users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErikSwanson, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

I had yet another frustrating bout of Aero shake hiding all the windows I was working with today. It's been eleven years. Can you PLEASE allow users to turn this off without editing the registry? I work for the government. I don't have admin access to my work computer. I'm not going to bug the help desk with this. But Jesus Christ WHY won't you let us just turn it off locally?? There are dozens, hundreds of threads on here from the last eleven years. Do you know how annoying it is when you're using a touch pad? I know the answer will be no, it will never go away, I'll be complaining about this until the day I retire. But I thought I'd ask one more time. Thanks for any help you can give me.

:)

ErikSwanson, Jul 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 Aero Shake

I don't think. I never changed my laptop to tablet mode. I didn't know I could.

Anyway. I believe one of the updates since this original post fixed the issue.

Now, the Aero Shake thing does not turn the screen in "Always on Top" mode anymore.

Thank you all!

Dani Cardelli, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Aero Shake

Ok. As I never had seen this Aero Shake before, I just figure this out in Windows 10. Kind of by accident.

Now, I understood what was minimizing all other screens, why, and how to get them back.

However, one thing I couldn't find out by myself how to "fix" and I also could not find any answer in forums.

The thing is, for some reason, the window I shake twice (first to minimize all other windows, second to bring them back) is getting "Always of Top".

If I do it with a second window, the second window gets privileges over the first, but both kept Always on Top of everything else.

This is annoying me. Does anyone know how to set this to never change to "Always on Top"?

Thanks.

Dani Cardelli, Jul 9, 2020
  4. ArnoldasB Win User

Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

Aero

When I launched a program new window opened and it was suggesting to disable aero to get better performance, so i disabled aero. But now i want to turn on aero again but i can't or don't know how to do it. Is it posible to tur on back again? Help

ArnoldasB, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

1. Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin - Similar Threads - Disable Aero shake

2. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...
  3. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...
  4. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 without any Admin access / Adminstrator Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 without any Admin access / Adminstrator Disabled: Short version -- I have no local Admin access to a computer, though there is an Administrator account. Is there any way I can fix things?--I have several computers and an AD domain.Let's call the computer in question ALPHA and the domain HERE.LOCAL.ALPHA has only one major...
  6. Windows 10 without any Admin access / Adminstrator Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 without any Admin access / Adminstrator Disabled: Short version -- I have no local Admin access to a computer, though there is an Administrator account. Is there any way I can fix things?--I have several computers and an AD domain.Let's call the computer in question ALPHA and the domain HERE.LOCAL.ALPHA has only one major...
  7. Windows 10 without any Admin access / Adminstrator Disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default: With Windows 7, Microsoft added “Aero Shake”, a feature that lets you shake the window to minimize all open windows on your desktop except one. Aero Shake is easy to use and it can be accidentally triggered if users select the title bar of the window holding the left mouse...
  9. Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings: References spotted in the preview builds had suggested that a future Windows 10 update will retire the unpopular ‘Aero Shake’ feature, which was introduced with Windows 7 to improve the multitasking experience. In response to user feedback, Microsoft is now making Aero Shake...
  10. Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 [img] Information Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar. Shaking the...