Windows 10: Disable all the annoying stuff and suggestions!

Discus and support Disable all the annoying stuff and suggestions! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First of all, I don't think Microsoft promoting their own programs in their own os should be called advertisment because it's not third-party. Call it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SevoosMinecraft, May 29, 2023.

1. Disable all the annoying stuff and suggestions!

First of all, I don't think Microsoft promoting their own programs in their own os should be called advertisment because it's not third-party. Call it whatever you wanna.

1. Remove various messages from the lockscreen. Settings -> Personaliztion -> Lockscreen -> disable interesting facts and so on. By the way, I recommend setting the lockscreen background the same image that is used for your desktop background. Default ones can be found in C:\Windows\Web;
    2. Disable suggestions like "Control your data with Edge" by going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer, creating REG_DWORD DisableSearchBoxSuggestions and setting it to 1;
    3. [I haven't experienced that because I had TPM disabled back in the days] To disable recommending upgrading to Windows 11, create key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate and REG_DWORD TargetReleaseVersion afterwards set it to 1;
    4. If you hate Edge, you can uninstall it. To do that, run command prompt as administrator, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\[version_of_numbers]\Installer, run setup --force-uninstall --uninstall --system-level and reboot;
    5. To remove Microsoft promoted programs from the top of the start menu, go to Settings -> Personalization -> Start menu and disable "Show suggestions in the Start menu";
    6. Go to Settings -> Privacy and security -> General and disable "Show me suggested content in Settings";
    7. Unpin every rectangle from the Start menu unless you use those.

Comment what I should add!

submitted by /u/SevoosMinecraft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SevoosMinecraft, May 29, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 29, 2023
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 29, 2023
  4. Disable all the annoying stuff and suggestions!

How to remove "suggested contacts" list in Lumia 950 (Windows 10)?

Hi!

How to remove suggested contact list in Lumia 950 (Windows 10)?

When I press Call->contacts I get a list at a top with suggested contacts I have called previously.

Is there any way to disable suggestions at all?

It is very annoying and is, actually, a privacy issue. Restart of the phone does not help.

ms_win_phone_no_more, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Disable all the annoying stuff and suggestions!

1. Disable all the annoying stuff and suggestions! - Similar Threads - Disable annoying stuff

2. How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?: So I found this on my taskbar today. When I can back to my computer, I saw an box about weather suggestions. I don't know why hit got here in the first place, but I've already disabled Suggestion notifications on my PC. How do I disable these suggestions like using the...
  3. How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?: So I found this on my taskbar today. When I can back to my computer, I saw an box about weather suggestions. I don't know why hit got here in the first place, but I've already disabled Suggestion notifications on my PC. How do I disable these suggestions like using the...
  4. How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Annoying Pop-Up Evicts Me of Doing Stuff...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Annoying Pop-Up Evicts Me of Doing Stuff...: Hello Microsoft team! I been trying to make a Minecraft server in Bedrock edition, and I made everything as clear, like the website and other people give the instructions to install and run the server. Downloaded the files, extracted them, edited the commands\codes for my...
  6. Can I disable this kind of annoying stuff?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I disable this kind of annoying stuff?: [ATTACH] Is there a way to disable this shit? I use the Dev version of Edge but Windows insists on getting me to use the normal version (that is already chromium) while also recommending the "new" Edge....
  7. all my stuff is gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all my stuff is gone!: yesterday after restarting my computer it had been a while all my stuff disappeared....my desktop background pic was removed to a black screen, icons on my task bar turned into little blank piece of paper icons, file folders on my desktop are gone, lots of programs are gone...
  8. Annoying feature that can't be disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying feature that can't be disabled: [ATTACH] This thing is bugging me 3rd month already. Every time i switch the language not using Shift+alt, this gets poped on my screen regardless of whether i'm playing a game or watching a video. This is especially annoying during gaming as the combination alt+shift is...
  9. annoying suggestion while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    annoying suggestion while typing: Hi, For the past week or so, whenever I am typing anywhere, let it be notepad or google, I get this annoying suggestion box near the cursor. I don't know where it is coming from and I could see no software installed in my system which could perform this. What I could...
  10. Suggestions on services to disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions on services to disable?: I am attempting to air gap a windows 10 pc, all previous attempts have failed miserably at protecting my files. I do not use any remote or virtual services. I have been disabling everything I can think of, but there's still so many things I'm not sure what they are exactly....