Windows 10: Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start

Discus and support Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi How i can disable in Menu Start Alphabetical order into last instaled programs? 171464 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Pablo89, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Pablo89 Win User

Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start

Hi
    How i can disable in Menu Start Alphabetical order into last instaled programs?

:)

Pablo89, Jan 1, 2021

2. Start menu not in alphabetical order

Hello,

I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore.

For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015" to "Photoshop" and "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015" to "Premiere". So, I expect that the programs would be listed under "P" in my start menu, but, they're still on top of my menu, renamed, under the "A" letter.

This process has always worked, until now. Is there something I can do to fix it?

Thank you in advance,

mrdanielfsch, Jan 1, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Start menu not in alphabetical order

Hi, I think the problem is that the Win 10 start menu does not behave in the same way as traditional start menus in respect of legacy folder-based menus we're used to.

Many of my 'normal' entries in my start menu aren't even present in the Win 10 start menu. Subfolders (E.g. the folder created by a program I install containing its shortcuts) aren't even shown in the Win 10 start menu.. all the shortcuts under one letter in the start menu are linear- extracted from their folders producing this sort of absurdity:

Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start [​IMG]

That's why I use Classic Shell- which works as I expect.

dalchina, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

Apparently not, the option is so freaking quirky!
    I have to set them in the preferred order manually as well.
    Suggest: create a List folder of your own as per screenshot (left side)

Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start - Similar Threads - Disable Alphabetical order

2. Desktop icons in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons in alphabetical order: Continuation of: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-in-alphabetical-order/51ec5e2d-7dd2-499d-ac76-d7f1c29418a8This issue has dragged on for decades with the Windows desktop. I get having the "name space" icons in a separate top line group, but...
  3. Desktop icons in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons in alphabetical order: Continuation of: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-in-alphabetical-order/51ec5e2d-7dd2-499d-ac76-d7f1c29418a8This issue has dragged on for decades with the Windows desktop. I get having the "name space" icons in a separate top line group, but...
  4. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  5. bulgarian alphabet wron order

in Windows 10 Customization
    bulgarian alphabet wron order: I'm using windows 10, Greek edition. I've installed also the Bulgarian alphabet but the keys don't correspond to the right letters. There are a lot of common letters between the latin and the bulgarian alphabet. Shouldn't they be at the same place as in English? Is there a...
  6. Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order: This may be a dumb question but how do i get all my pictures to be in alphabetic order again after the new update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-transfers-are-not-in-alphabetic-order/ebfa7115-80b4-4f08-aaac-ca1c45929889"
  7. REVERSE alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REVERSE alphabetical order: I have obviously hit some key by mistake and now all my files are listed in REVERSE alphabetical order. What key did I hit and how do I get back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-alphabetical-order/55287b16-0c81-4ad4-9f28-82ead3c88328"
  8. Alphabets in my Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabets in my Start menu: Hi, Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu. I know if I click on them they bring up all of the letters and it lets' me get to the letter in question but I've got a hyperscroll mouse so it only takes one flick to get from one...
  9. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...