Windows 10: Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications.

Discus and support Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As you all already know.. Windows 10 sucks.. I'd to ask for help bz this problem is super annoying and I don't know what triggers it...Pressing Alt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SonOfSkyDaddy, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications.

As you all already know.. Windows 10 sucks.. I'd to ask for help bz this problem is super annoying and I don't know what triggers it...Pressing Alt once activates something that lets user to use keyboard to access menu bar..

But something happened and I can't use it for Hot Keys..The thing I'm trying to do is pressing 'Alt+M' but this wretched sun of bitch OS switched some value somewhere and makes Menu bar active even if I hold the Alt key..

Please help, It's annoying. An hour before, everything was working fine but something happened and.... argh...

https://reddit.com/link/f29ec0/video/vo4uh46f6bg41/player

submitted by /u/SonOfSkyDaddy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SonOfSkyDaddy, Feb 11, 2020

2. Disable activating menu with Alt

The Alt for menu is super annoying for lots of applications, especially in the case of Adobe apps.

Is there a method that permanently disables the Alt behavior? I don't care about menus, or how useful the Alt can be. I just want it permanently disabled for all applications.

Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Disable Windows Alt functionality

In Windows, with any non-fullscreen program when you hit Alt it activates a command that'll "click"a button on the bar above the window ^ depending what you press after Alt.

Eg: in any browser if you press Alt and then F it opens the "File" list of commands/options.

Now in Photoshop for example, if you accidentally press Alt and S (intending to switch to a tool corresponding to S) it'll select the "Select" drop down menu in Photoshop.

Is there a way to configure the functionality of the Alt button so it doesn't assume you want to use something in the menu bar all the time, but without disabling it's functionality altogether?

BrandonEllis1, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications.

Menu Bar for IE10

Hi CherylPree,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to find the menu bar in Internet 10.
    The menu bar can be turned on or off in Internet Explorer. Here's how to display the menu bar if it is turned off.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

To display the menus temporarily

• In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Press Alt.
    To display the menus permanently

• In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Click the View button, point to Toolbars, and then click
      Menu Bar.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications.

1. Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications. - Similar Threads - Disable 'Alt using

2. How do I use ALT codes in Windows 11 Home and disable the ALT windows menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use ALT codes in Windows 11 Home and disable the ALT windows menu?: As long as I can remember I could hold ALT+241 and get ± when using Word, AutoCAD, or any other software. I bought a new computer and it does not have a number pad and this function does not work. How do get this to work? Is there a way to get this function on the top row of...
  3. How do I use ALT codes in Windows 11 Home and disable the ALT windows menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I use ALT codes in Windows 11 Home and disable the ALT windows menu?: As long as I can remember I could hold ALT+241 and get ± when using Word, AutoCAD, or any other software. I bought a new computer and it does not have a number pad and this function does not work. How do get this to work? Is there a way to get this function on the top row of...
  4. How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?: Using tablet pc, windows 11after recent update, Alt key opens Start menu. Its really annoying. How can I disable this function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-opening-start-menu-with-alt-key/d8c89eea-1126-453c-bddd-5e32ebd5bfda
  5. How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?: Using tablet pc, windows 11after recent update, Alt key opens Start menu. Its really annoying. How can I disable this function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-opening-start-menu-with-alt-key/d8c89eea-1126-453c-bddd-5e32ebd5bfda
  6. How to change the menu bar color in applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the menu bar color in applications: I have the same question as was recently posted by another user who did not receive a solution and still had the thread locked, which is frustrating. So, since there are several users that still have this question I'm copying and pasting his question here. I'm fully willing...
  7. Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?: I've searched for this with duckduckgo and on this site (700+ hits). The issue is where you can't see the top window menu (File Edit View etc) unless you press the left alt button. Is there a way around this, so that the window menu is always visible? win version 2004 os...
  8. Using search bars crashes the application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using search bars crashes the application: Hey guys, After updating to the latest version, whenever I use a windows search bar start menu, settings, the application I'm using it from crashes. I tried rolling back the update but the issue persists. I considered the possibility of files being corrupted, so I ran SFC...
  9. [Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts: [IMG] Hi guys. Is there any way to change the Menu Bar shortcuts for specific apps? In Premiere Pro I wanna use the Alt Key for a couple of shortcuts but some of those are already used by the Menu Bar. Alt+E opens up the Edit tab in the Menu Bar. Can I somehow change the...
  10. Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.: [ATTACH] Hi all. There is an issue after one of the recent updates. While changing the input language (and I do that a lot) the floating bar with available languages poping up in the right part of the screen. As long as I'm switching constantly that bar is flickering with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Disable Alt menu