Windows 10: Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected

Discus and support Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a docked laptop for my setup. When I plug the laptop into the dock, it does not always send audio to the speakers at first, usually either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JacobMcCaffery, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected

I am using a docked laptop for my setup. When I plug the laptop into the dock, it does not always send audio to the speakers at first, usually either through its internal speakers or the monitor’s speakers which I have disabled. I want to set it up so that it will automatically disable the internal speakers when connected to the dock and re-enable then when I disconnect the dock. Furthermore, only certain apps are affected. Zoom, for example, will always send audio to the internal speakers unless I manually disable them; then and only then will audio go to the external speakers. I want the speakers to automatically disable when connected to the dock and re-enable when disconnected. Even just a shortcut on the taskbar would be more helpful than having to go into the sound manager every time.

:)

JacobMcCaffery, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Joe913 Win User

How to disable the internal speakers when connecting external speakers?

The instructions for connecting headphones/external speakers inplies that the internal speakers in my HP Envy 23-d260qd computer will be disabled when the headphones/external speakers are connected. This is not the case - both the speakers and the
    headphones work together, thus defeating the purpose of headphones. There seems to be some suggestion that this problem has been caused by an update to Windows10. I have been connecting of headphones or external speakers and would mechanically disabled the
    internal speakers as happens with molst audio equipment. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Joe913, Jan 14, 2021
  3. external speakers not working

so...i'm using asus rog laptop with conexant smartaudio HD drivers and recently i found out that when i connect my external speakers the sound plays from the internal ones. i tried reinstalling the drivers and checked under playback devices but the external
    speakers are not listed, tried enabling "show disabled devices" but still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated

kindredspirit1, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected

External Speaker Is Not Working

I have connected two wires from the speakers to the laptop but the external speaker is not working. The sound is being heard from the internal speaker. I have already tried clicking the speaker button in the taskbar. Please suggest me something else than
    that.

Abhinaya A, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected

1. Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected - Similar Threads - Disable enable laptop

2. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  3. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  4. External speaker buzz on laptop

External speaker buzz on laptop: So I have this cheap 2.1 speaker set which I have connected to my desktop and sometimes to my laptop.When I connect them to my laptop, an Asus ROG X13 Flow, the speakers will make this constant buzz unless the laptop is playing sound.This seems to me like a software issue,...
  5. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speaker not connecting: I made a few tickets to chat with the representative, but they made me wait literally 5 hours and I'm pissed off. Like do they expect us to stay in front of the stupid computer for that long staring at the chat screen doing nothing? Stupid. And when they spontaneously came to...
  6. External speaker not connecting

External speaker not connecting: I made a few tickets to chat with the representative, but they made me wait literally 5 hours and I'm pissed off. Like do they expect us to stay in front of the stupid computer for that long staring at the chat screen doing nothing? Stupid. And when they spontaneously came to...
  7. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Disable laptop speakers but enable headphones when plugged in

Disable laptop speakers but enable headphones when plugged in: Hi, I bought a laptop and apparently windows doesn't distinguish between the integrated speakers and a headphones when these are plugged in. Basically I want to experience the same that I was experiencing in my desktop PC... if I play a song and I don't have a headphone...
  9. connecting speaker with Laptop

connecting speaker with Laptop: I am un able to connect an audio speaker via bluetooth on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-speaker-with-laptop/c3460ab7-608e-4b5c-b07c-e10324f869eb
  10. connecting external speakers to pc

connecting external speakers to pc: Am using: hp slimline desktop 260 a010z windows 10 v. 1809 IE11 & edge browsers. So long ago I don't remember why I connected an hdmi cable from monitor to tower using the green speaker outlets. Now I wish to try to connect external speakers but am unsure of purpose of...