Windows 10: Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates

Discus and support Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have issues with programming radios on a statewide system and I think I have narrowed the issue down to Windows Defender. I recently reset my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Radios812, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Radios812 Win User

Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates

I have issues with programming radios on a statewide system and I think I have narrowed the issue down to Windows Defender. I recently reset my laptop, and disabled automatic updates right away.

Now I see that the windows defender is still updating itself.

How do I uninstall all of the updates, and get rid of windows defender for good?

:)

Radios812, Aug 6, 2020

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 6, 2020
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates

Windows 10 1511 Update Disables Windows Defender?

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

I would like to inform you that this issue usually arises when you have installed a security software on your computer. From Windows 8 onwards, the Windows Defender is equipped with all the functionalities of an anti-virus software including real-time protection
    which was not present in Windows Defender in Windows 7.

If you have any third-party security software installed, I would suggest you to uninstall that software and then upgrade to Windows 10. As it is not recommended to keep more than 1 anti-virus software with real-time protection.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable/uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable/uninstall
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Whenever you install a third-party security software in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, it automatically disables Windows Defender to avoid conflicts.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines and check if that helps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates

1. Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates - Similar Threads - Disable Uninstall Defender

2. Windows Defender All disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender All disabled: Hello, I can't access my Virus and Threat protection. and in my registry editor windows defender is all disabled, and I've tried to turn it back on but cant. I tried a lot of foxes and nothing helps....
  3. Windows Defender All disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender All disabled: Hello, I can't access my Virus and Threat protection. and in my registry editor windows defender is all disabled, and I've tried to turn it back on but cant. I tried a lot of foxes and nothing helps....
  4. No access to disable/uninstall windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No access to disable/uninstall windows defender: Is Windows Defender sufficient or is McAfee better?I cannot install BELL Canada's McAfee because I see no way to disable Defender in W8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-access-to-disableuninstall-windows-defender/7ab463f7-a8f3-474b-9f32-4db5069772ed
  5. Uninstall all windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall all windows updates: Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to uninstall all windows updates and just start on the newest one. If anyone can help I would be very thankful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-all-windows-updates/0ceaedb0-68bf-4329-b212-accb7d7ed15d
  6. uninstall windows defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall windows defender: hello, can someones from Microsoft tell me how to UNINSTALL OFFICIAL UNINSTALL , remove delete . DONE it from windows . i just HATE IT , i can't stand it no more this defender . i tried everything from the google , BUT it still runs in background and it getting so annoying...
  7. Uninstall windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall windows defender: I have googled it and it said "you cant" . Now I defer to all of can this be done? Also can I uninstall ie11? John 149494
  8. Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled

Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled: My Windows Update is disabled(I update when I see that updates don't break anything). I had Avast so no problem with updating this antivirus. Is there any way to make Defender update even if Windows Update is disabled? Of course, automatically, manually updating an antivirus...
  9. How to disable and possibly completely uninstall Defender

How to disable and possibly completely uninstall Defender: Hiyas, WinDefend is evil. I'm not able to get off this damn thing, sc delete WinDefend fails due to access denied. Not even speaking of disable the thing via management console. I tried also old good Defender Uninstaller which had worked good for Windows 8, not successful on...
  10. Disable downloading of all Windows Defender Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable downloading of all Windows Defender Updates?: Hi, is there a way to disable downloading or opt-out of all Windows Defender Updates through Windows Update? I don't understand why M$ updates Windows Defender multiple times per day and I'd rather update Windows Defender manually. Thanks. 9137