Windows 10: Disable Asus laptop gestures

Discus and support Disable Asus laptop gestures in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As above. This laptop was updated from W8 to W10. I constantly send emails before they are finished, and close things I don't want to. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeilFuller1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Disable Asus laptop gestures

As above. This laptop was updated from W8 to W10. I constantly send emails before they are finished, and close things I don't want to. I have tried everything I can find online. Including deleting the touchpad driver and updating it. It says it is already the latest version. I can alter the sensitivity to low but that is it. It cannot be disabled completely. There are none of on/off options for the touchpad or mouse mentioned by other posters. The damn thing drives me and anyone else that uses the laptop nuts!

I can't even find this model on the Asus download site. It says it is a K55A. Anyone help?

:)

NeilFuller1, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Can not control or Manage Asus Smart Gesture

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I am afraid to inform you that you can not disable ASUS Smart Gesture. I suggest you to follow the link below and check if that helps.

Smart Gesture - How to disable the function?

http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009637/

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Asus edge gestures

We appreciate the prompt response. If the option is not available on any of the suggested locations, our next step is to manually disable it using the local group policy editor. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows
      Disable Asus laptop gestures eda51c1d-4af7-4c62-8134-777ddff85765.png
      +
      R key, and then type in gpedit.msc to open the
      Local Group Policy Editor
    • Follow the folder path below by clicking the drop-down arrow to expand the list:

Computer Configuration/ Administrative Templates/ Windows Components/

• Click on the Edge UI folder. In the right pane, double click the
      Allow edge swipe policy to edit it.
    • Select Disabled.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, restart your device and check if edge gesture is now disabled.

Darwin Dim, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Disable Asus laptop gestures

touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Disable Asus laptop gestures

1. Disable Asus laptop gestures - Similar Threads - Disable Asus laptop

2. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  3. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  4. Asus Smart Gesture

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus Smart Gesture: My Asus Eebook 205ta has been giving me issues regarding the touchpad/mouse..the curser has a blinking bottle at the side as if another process is trying to load...the only way of stopping it is by going into task manager and clicking on ASUS Smart Gesture and hitting end...
  5. No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad: Hello. I have a ASUS laptop which there where only Asus Smart Gestures but sadly, it sucks. So when looking for a alternative I found that I should just install a driver for another computer...
  6. ASUS Win 10 touchpad gestures

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASUS Win 10 touchpad gestures: Hi I can't find a way to turn on touchpad gestures. Have previously been able to use Have tried updating/repairing drivers In settings there is no option only a link to website about gestures. Can anyone suggest a solution? Regards...
  7. how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable touchpad for asus laptop: how to disable the touchpad for asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad-for-asus-laptop/c46149f3-7175-4a35-8c12-05cec9f20b99
  8. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  9. I accidentally uninstalled ASUS smart gesture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally uninstalled ASUS smart gesture: I uninstalled the smart gesture by accident After i downloaded it again and try to installed it Before finished, i had asked to install synaptic pointing device But it stopped at the agreement and i can't continued it Thank you for the answer !! [ATTACH]...
  10. Disable touch gestures?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable touch gestures?: Hi, I recently bought a convertible laptop-tablet. I noticed that there are some gestures implemented in W10. I want to disable one of the, when you swipe from the left in the screen and the task view comes up. Is that possible? Thanks. 37755