Windows 10: Disable auto-connect of microphone?

Discus and support Disable auto-connect of microphone? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I've been trying to use my Jaybird X3s and now X4s with my home computer. Every time I go on and pair the earphones the first time it works just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarsUltor90, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Disable auto-connect of microphone?

So I've been trying to use my Jaybird X3s and now X4s with my home computer. Every time I go on and pair the earphones the first time it works just fine without the microphone playing back to the sound. But then I turn them off and put them away and when I come back and turn them back on it connects for audio AND voice which feedbacks the microphone into the audio completely changing the sound.

I've tried going into windows and disabling all microphones through the and I've searched through Control Panel>Sound>Recording tab as well as through Device Manager>Audio inputs and outputs and neither have worked. So far the only solution I've found is to turn off the headphones, remove the device from the pairing menu on Windows, turn off Bluetooth and then turn it back on and restart the pairing process.

Is there any way to completely turn off Windows from receiving any audio inputs? I never use it so that would be the best way in my opinion, but if not there's got to be a way to keep it from constantly turning on a microphone I don't use.

:)

MarsUltor90, Feb 27, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Microphone connection

Hi,

Regarding your query with your microphone connection, we suggest to answer the following questions below:

• What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • What is the specs of your microphone?

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Disable auto-connect of microphone?

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Disable auto-connect of microphone?

1. Disable auto-connect of microphone? - Similar Threads - Disable auto connect

2. Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect: There's no feature to disable bluetooth auto connect. Why? No one knows. I want to be able to put my laptop to sleep and not have to come back upstairs to put it in hibernate or turn off bluetooth altogether just to use my earbuds on my phone. Very annoying, please fix....
  3. Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect: There's no feature to disable bluetooth auto connect. Why? No one knows. I want to be able to put my laptop to sleep and not have to come back upstairs to put it in hibernate or turn off bluetooth altogether just to use my earbuds on my phone. Very annoying, please fix....
  4. Disable Bluetooth Auto-Connect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Bluetooth Auto-Connect?: This is the most annoying feature windows 10 has and I cannot find a way to disable it. When I am listening to radio on my phone with my Bluetooth headphones as windows boots up, suddenly I'm cut off and connect to windows 10. I've tried editing the registry key:...
  5. Microphone auto adjust!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone auto adjust!!!: Who came up with the ridiculous idea to auto adjust the microphone?? With so many things half baked and broken in windows 10, is it MS's mission to break everything else as well?? With one of the worst customer ratings in the world, one would think that you lot might want to...
  6. disabling the auto-connecting of unknown networks!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disabling the auto-connecting of unknown networks!: My Wifi home network is going down all the time, because whatever unknown Wifi Connection can take the lead, as they are all marked as `Automatically` BUT mine. Every time I click on them one by one to uncheck `automatically connect`, seconds later, they are again all marked...
  7. Disable bluetooth auto connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable bluetooth auto connect: Hey, I want to stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to ANYTHING. No, I dont want to disconnect the devices. No, I dont want to disable bluetooth. I just want to disable auto-connect. submitted by /u/Philipp4 [link] [comments]...
  8. auto disabling of wifi when ethernet connected

auto disabling of wifi when ethernet connected: Hi I had auto disabling of wifi when ethernet connected, using a Realtek App, which worked extremeley well, it was accidently uninstalled, now i cant find this app anywhere. was called wifi monitor i think. Apparently there is a way of doing this within windows, but need...
  9. Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi: I have Windows 10 Home on an Acer Aspire e5 laptop. When I click the wifi button in my task bar, it displays all the available wifi networks. When I highlight each network, it has a box to check for "connect automatically." No matter how many times I uncheck these boxes, the...
  10. Microphone Auto Adjust

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Auto Adjust: On Windows 10, microphone keeps automatically adjusting. Anything to help? I have no idea what is wrong, so just reply if you need more info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-auto-adjust/57afd8d5-bacf-46c5-b09b-61a0492c2668