Windows 10: Disable auto-dimming

Discus and support Disable auto-dimming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop's screen dims itself automatically due to "inactivity"; it'll happen if I'm watching a video, reading, or even playing a game, but if I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ManuelDiaz_00, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Disable auto-dimming

My laptop's screen dims itself automatically due to "inactivity"; it'll happen if I'm watching a video, reading, or even playing a game, but if I don't touch my keyboard or mouse for just a couple of seconds, my display will dim.
    I've tried going to the power options to disable "Adaptive Brightness" under the display settings but this option doesn't appear for me and I don't know how to access it.
    I've managed to disable "Intel Display Power Saving Technology", but the issue continues.
    I've already set my display to never turn off, the issue will occur whether I'm on battery or charging.

Is there a way to prevent my screen from dimming?

Windows 10

Intel Core i7-7700

Display Adapters:

Intel HD Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

:)

ManuelDiaz_00, Nov 25, 2020

2. How to disable auto screen dimming?

Hello,

This issue could be related to the power plan settings on your computer. To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you try to disable the adaptive brightness on your power plan settings. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in Search/Cortana.
    • On the left pane, click Choose when to turn off the display option to open the Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings to open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness.
    • Select the Off option for both On battery and
      Plugged in.

After disabling the adaptive brightness, check if you will still

experience the issue.

Keep us posted so that we can further help.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 25, 2020
  4. gabgab Win User

Disable auto-dimming

Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

Hi there,

I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also switching off from Intel's graphic card control centre the Power Saving Technology thing but nothing changed.

Right now I am on battery, on sunlight coming from out of the window and I can see the notebook playing some funny stuff with the dimming anyway.

It seems to be related to when you switch from a dark background - say ACDsee photo viewer - back to file explorer that has a white background.

How to fix?

thanks!

gabgab, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Disable auto-dimming

1. Disable auto-dimming - Similar Threads - Disable auto dimming

2. Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?: Hello, i hope you are all well.I have a problem and its driving me mad, i'm running Windows Auto HDR and for whatever reason with that Windows has decided that its a good idea to force some sort of adaptive brightness.On the Desktop just browsing the web is the background of...
  3. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  4. Display auto-dim

Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  5. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP

Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP: Been having issues in the recent day with a new issue on my PC, im not to tech saavy, but know basics.... My setup is as follows: VG248qe as main panel Roku tv used as second display via hdmi My issue is is that my second panel and ONLY my second panel dims when...
  7. Auto dim screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto dim screen?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  8. Auto dim screen on a desktop?

Auto dim screen on a desktop?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  9. OneNote App is auto dimming

OneNote App is auto dimming: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 running Windows 10 1803 and OneNote for Windows 10 (UWP) Version 16001.11727.20076.0 Whenever I maximize OneNote (or make it full screen) the laptop screen dims to 50%. This only happens when I am charging. It does not dim external screens, only the...
  10. Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently: Hi there, I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also switching off from Intel's graphic card control centre the Power Saving Technology thing but nothing changed. Right now I am...