Windows 10: disable auto lock on waking from sleep

Discus and support disable auto lock on waking from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; disable auto lock on waking from sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dougharpham1, May 14, 2019.

1. disable auto lock on waking from sleep

disable auto lock on waking from sleep

:)

dougharpham1, May 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 14, 2019
  3. Eric J F Win User
    Cannot Disable Lock Screen Upon Wake

I want my Surface Pro 4 (W10 Pro) to wake from sleep straight to the start screen. Since the Anniversary update, I get the lock screen that has to be swiped first. Note I am NOT talking about the log in screen; I've already disabled that.

I've tried many suggestions that don't work. For instance, renaming the system apps 'lock screen app' and creating a scheduled task replace the wake lock screen with a log in screen. Registry hacks don't work any more.

Has anyone found a way to bypass the lock screen upon wake?

Eric J F, May 14, 2019
  4. disable auto lock on waking from sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2019
Thema:

disable auto lock on waking from sleep

1. disable auto lock on waking from sleep - Similar Threads - disable auto lock

2. Problem to disable "auto-sleep"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem to disable "auto-sleep": Hi. I have a new laptop there is installed a malware yes, we can call it as MALWARE called Windows 10. I have set screen timeout to 10 minutes, tested to set screen saver to 15 minutes and sleep after is 45 min. But what happens... Then display goes off, simultaneously...
  3. Disable Win10 From Waking itself out of sleep

Disable Win10 From Waking itself out of sleep: Every. Single. Time. Every time I put it into sleep mode and it has a few minutes, it will wake itself out of sleep mode. This is incredibly irritating, as I have a dual monitor setup, and one monitor cannot be physically turned off, so windows will move every single window...
  4. Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode: My computer will 100% crash and restart after waking up from sleep mode. I have tried changing the PSU, set disk turnoff time to never and run sfc/ scannow. I am trying to access the minidump file, but there is none in the folder. Could anyone help me with this situation....
  5. Wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from sleep: I’ve set my windows pc many times to only wake from sleep when a key from my keyboard has been pressed, not on mouse movement. It works for a couple of times and then it reverts to how it was before!! I’m getting very frustrated and would love a solution to this! submitted...
  6. Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound

Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound: I think these issues are connected. For one, when I restart my computer (sometimes) there is the sound W10 makes when you connect or disconnect a USB device. It happens over and over. I stop it by either letting it go and it tires itself out or disconnecting and...
  7. waking from sleep.

waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  8. Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep: I'm trying to disable lockscreen after waking from sleep. And I can't find such option. Take a look at the screenshot. [img] I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, I'm system administrator and the only Group Policy settings I changed are this: [img] Please, help me to solve...
  9. Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep: Hello, My motherboard is a P8Z77-V, with Gigabyte 7950 video card, if that matters. I did the windows 10 upgrade, and all seems well, except waking from Standby. If I go into start menu, and choose sleep, everything spins down, and the computer shuts itself off. I am...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...