Windows 10: Disable auto tuning Windows 10

Discus and support Disable auto tuning Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can i disable auto tuning windows 10 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SurajitGhosh2, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Disable auto tuning Windows 10

Can i disable auto tuning windows 10 ?

:)

SurajitGhosh2, Oct 5, 2018

2. Auto-tuning Feature in Windows 10

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Auto-Tuning feature improves performance for programs that receive TCP data over a network. However, this feature is disabled by default for programs that use the Windows HTTP Services (WinHTTP) interface.

If you enable "Receive Window Auto-Tuning" for "WinHTTP" traffic, data transfers over the network may be more efficient. However, in some cases you might experience slower data transfers or loss of connectivity if your network uses an older router and
    firewall that does not support this feature.

When you use the TCP receive window autotuning feature in a TCP connection, you notice that the feature only works for a while and then stops working. Additionally, you experience slow performance when a large amount of data is transferred over the connection.

The Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature lets the operating system continually monitor routing conditions such as bandwidth, network delay, and application delay. Therefore, the operating system can configure connections by scaling the TCP receive window
    to maximize the network performance. To determine the optimal receive window size, the Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature measures the products that delay bandwidth and the application retrieve rates. Then, the Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature adapts the
    receive window size of the ongoing transmission to take advantage of any unused bandwidth.

Let's follow these steps below and check, if it helps.

1. Right click on Windows icon and tap or click on command prompt( Administrator privileges).

2. Open command prompt( Administrator privileges) and type these following commands:

a. To disable the feature, use this command: netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

b. To see if the feature is enabled or disabled, use this command: netsh interface tcp show global

c: To enable the Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level, use this command:
    netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=normal

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Auto-tuning Feature in Windows 10

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

is not a valid cmd

DanDavissr, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Disable auto tuning Windows 10

Auto-tuning Feature in Windows 10

Q.1 : What is Auto-tuning Feature in Windows 10 Home ?

Q.2 : What is it's advantage and significance in Windows 10 Home ?

Q.3 : Is any problem will be caused, if this feature will be disabled in Windows 10 Home ?

Please help me to know this.

Saurav.Kumar, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Disable auto tuning Windows 10

1. Disable auto tuning Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable auto tuning

2. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable auto HDR Windows 10: im having an issue with Battlefield V where when i launch it HDR auto enables but in windows "Use HDR" is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-hdr-windows-10/de0b67f0-03d9-4aaa-aa02-e07a3a34a935
  3. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable auto HDR Windows 10: im having an issue with Battlefield V where when i launch it HDR auto enables but in windows "Use HDR" is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-hdr-windows-10/de0b67f0-03d9-4aaa-aa02-e07a3a34a935
  4. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  6. Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10: So the previous thread for this was disabled, with the last update being in 2019... but it's STILL an issue in 2021?! There still doesn't seem to be a way to disable TMM?Whenever my PC goes to sleep, or locks, it moves EVERYTHING to one of the screens, in addition to that, my...
  7. Windows Auto-Tuning Level disabled after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Auto-Tuning Level disabled after 2004 update: When I upgraded to a gigabit connection back in October 2019, the AT level was set to disabled for some reason and I had to enable it in order to get the full internet speed (otherwise it maxed out around 100mbps). When I updated to 2004, this setting got disabled again and I...
  8. Disable Auto Log out of Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable Auto Log out of Windows 10?: It seems a recent update of windows has lead to an auto logout setting that I am unable to change. I have been through all of the settings available, including registry edits and rolled back the most recent updates but I cannot stop my machine from automatically logging me...
  9. Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10: I use 3 monitors right now. 2 of them are working great but the main one is having a problem. when I turn off my primary monitor (Dell s2716dg) the pc does not recognize the monitor and all my desktop is messed up. I found people are talking about disabling the monitor auto...
  10. Disable auto tuning Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable auto tuning Windows 10: Can i disable auto tuning windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-tuning-windows-10/0fbafe24-4cbe-4d15-bed3-16f52cdf8e0c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tcp receive window size windows 10