Windows 10: Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

Discus and support Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to use One Drive ONLY WHEN I WANT TO!!!!!! I would like to store important files there, and NOT automatically upload the millions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkOSTL, Dec 14, 2018.

1. MarkOSTL Win User

Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

I would like to use One Drive ONLY WHEN I WANT TO!!!!!!

I would like to store important files there, and NOT automatically upload the millions of photos I have on this new PC.

The fixes provided by the MS online help have caused me to sit with a FULL one drive, and 100% of the photos I load on this NEW PC now do not even show thumbnail views of any kind, they just show up a blanks with the number/file name.

If I delete files on one drive, they are then deleted from this PC, I find no way to separate them.

It has become such a hinderance that I can not even use this NEW PC.

How do I keep one drive and use it only when I want to place a file there.

How do I get the photo icons to show up in the folders, they are there, but do not show the preview in any of the large, small file view formats.

AND, Please bring back the filmstrip viewer too, as it was always way superior way to view and use photos on a PC, I still keep one very old PC in my office to use this filmstrip photo viewer.

Note this has nothing to do with the Office products, it just the only topic choice allowed by this lame automated system.

It would relate to Office when I want to store a file there, but this one drive problem with photos auto/storage settings have made it impossible to use this PC.

Moved from: Office / OneDrive with Office / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

***Title modified from: why is one drive so impossible to isolate***

:)

MarkOSTL, Dec 14, 2018
  2. rezasarfi Win User

auto upload photos in onedrive

how to auto upload photos in OneDrive?

do I need any app?

rezasarfi, Dec 14, 2018
  3. DonTolson Win User
    Auto upload photos to OneDrive for Business

As far as I know, at this time, when you select 'Auto upload photos to OneDrive', it automagically uploads to the OneDrive associated with the Microsoft account used when the phone was initiated.

I'm not aware of any way to select 'another' Microsoft account for OneDrive uploads.

DonTolson, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

Windows Phone 8 missing automatic upload of photos to OneDrive (SkyDrive)

A few things. The auto upload works by looking at the last photo that was auto uploaded. That means, there is now way you can auto upload these photos.

You can upload them manually in a couple of ways.

• Open OneDrive app and start uploading the files one by one.
    • Connect the phone to a PC. Then move the missing pictures manually through the OneDrive folder or through onedrive.live.com.

Jay_answers, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

1. Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Disable auto upload

2. Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.: Hello. My laptop is synced with my phone and not all photos are uploaded, just photo icons instead. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-photos-will-be-uploaded-in-onedrive/5ccfd2bd-fcab-4d7b-a523-048a3aababb7
  3. Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.: Hello. My laptop is synced with my phone and not all photos are uploaded, just photo icons instead. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-photos-will-be-uploaded-in-onedrive/5ccfd2bd-fcab-4d7b-a523-048a3aababb7
  4. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  5. Onedrive auto uploading images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive auto uploading images: My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?...
  6. Onedrive auto uploading images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive auto uploading images: My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?...
  7. Onedrive auto uploading images

8. How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?

How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?: I see in the OneDrive settings that you can disable backup/autosync for the desktop, photos, and documents folders. However I have a specific folder within the documents folder that is taking up a lot of my OneDrive space. Is there any way to turn off sync for this specific...
  9. automatic photo upload to onedrive

automatic photo upload to onedrive: I'm sincerely considering to uninstall onedrive. I do not need to store my photos on onedrive or at least I must be able to decide for myself. I manage to stop the automatic picture transfere to onrdrive whenever I plugged in my phone, but after the last win 10 upgrade this...
  10. Trying to stop uploading photos to OneDrive

Trying to stop uploading photos to OneDrive: Split from this thread. Running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803. Cant find settings cant find properties. Trying to stop uploading photos to OneDrive. When i open OneDrive app, it opens "File Explorer" ????? I am trying to delete 4.4MB of photos from OneDrive, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable one drive upload

2. dont want pictures backed up to one drive

3. one drive trying to upload photos

4. how to turn off onedrive auto upload,
  5. how do i stop one drive uploading my photos,
  6. onedrive stop automatic uploading,
  7. how to elimate one drive from uploading my photos,
  8. how to stop auto upload of pic to onedrive,
  9. disable upload photos from samsung phone to onedrive,
  10. onedrive remove auto upload phone picture,
  11. disable photos onedrive,