Windows 10: Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am aware that this thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tsukimi, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Tsukimi Win User

Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app

I am aware that this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-disable-autocorrectspell-check-in-windows-10/69f4705f-cb8b-4a75-9d56-9733d8fc2dd2?auth=1 has the exact same question. But as many people have noted in it, the proposed solution does not work. Mail still autocorrects while I'm typing. So I thought I'd ask again, just in case.

How can I make it so that Mail stops autocorrecting?

:)

Tsukimi, Feb 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Mail Windows 10 - Can't disble Autocorrect spelling

I need to disable autocorrect spelling on Microsoft Mail Windows 10. I do have it set to disable autocorrect spelling. It workson all apps except the mail app, where it ignores my setting and continues to autocorrect spelling, much to my frustration. I
    have searched for an answer but have not found anything that works. Again, this only malfunctions on Windows Mail.

Thank you for any suggestions to correct this problem.

Moved from: Windows Insider Program /

Apps on Insider Preview
    /
    Mail
    /
    PC

Microsoft Wife, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Tom Zanka Win User

How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

Turning off Autocorrect in Windows does not solve the problem. The Mail app still autocorrects.

Please read the replies to save time on both sides.

Tom Zanka, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Disable autocorrect Mail

2. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: No, the answers elsewhere are not correct/sufficient.First off, why is spellchecking something that is set up in the "settings-> devices -> typing"...Generalizing autocorrecting and spellchecking to be a global on and off like that is the reason why so many people can't...
  3. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: No, the answers elsewhere are not correct/sufficient.First off, why is spellchecking something that is set up in the "settings-> devices -> typing"...Generalizing autocorrecting and spellchecking to be a global on and off like that is the reason why so many people can't...
  4. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: Hello,I'm happy with Windows 10 Mail app, although I can't find how I can disable spell check in Mail. I prefer having all Windows programs in English, but I write most of my E-mails in Dutch. While typing in Dutch, I get a lot of very annoying autocorrections.Under 'options'...
  5. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: Hello,I'm happy with Windows 10 Mail app, although I can't find how I can disable spell check in Mail. I prefer having all Windows programs in English, but I write most of my E-mails in Dutch. While typing in Dutch, I get a lot of very annoying autocorrections.Under 'options'...
  6. How to disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: I found an old answer in the forums, but it does not work. How can I disable autocorrect in the windows 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-autocorrectspell-check-in-windows/9d0ecd88-7126-4ad0-b06f-5a8c5164a208
  7. How to disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

How to disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: I found an old answer in the forums, but it does not work. How can I disable autocorrect in the windows 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-autocorrectspell-check-in-windows/9d0ecd88-7126-4ad0-b06f-5a8c5164a208
  8. How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app: The Mail app in Windows 10 is an easy way to access your email to send and receive emails from recipients and get a notification that you have received an email. Although the autocorrect and spellcheck features in the Windows 10 app help with your grammar, you can disable...
  9. How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?: Hi If you know the magic recipe, please share it and I will eternally thank you. I have tried the very obvious: checking for a setting in the app. I found none. They are organized horribly, but still, no setting on this matter. I tried looking for one in the pseudo-ribbon...
  10. How to turn of autocorrect in Mail on Windows 10

How to turn of autocorrect in Mail on Windows 10: I am using mail in windows 10, which mostly is working OK, but has a totally unusable autocorrect. I have my PC set up to English language, but I am writing most of my mails in Norwegian, which then Mail stubbornly tries to correct into English whenever possible. Even when...