Windows 10: Disable Automatic Bitlocker Encryption

Discus and support Disable Automatic Bitlocker Encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased a new laptop and I noticed that right after my clean install of Windows 10 1903 using a Local Account, BitLocker was automatically... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Disable Automatic Bitlocker Encryption

I purchased a new laptop and I noticed that right after my clean install of Windows 10 1903 using a Local Account, BitLocker was automatically encrypting my drive.

This isn’t good, because I prefer to use the AES-256 cipher as opposed to the default AES-128.

I came across a similar situation and the solution was to first disable Secure Boot before doing a clean install.

Would this for sure disable automatic Bitlocker encryption? Should I also disable the TPM as well in the UEFI?

https://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/117478-avoiding-bitlocker-device-encryption-w10-home-2.html

:)

win10freak, Sep 15, 2019

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Disable Automatic Bitlocker Encryption

Windows 10: Disable automatically encryption files on Desktop

I'm assuming this encryption is handled by Windows BitLocker.

Microsoft provides a step-by-step guide.

Source: Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Felix Imafidon, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Disable Automatic Bitlocker Encryption

1. Disable Automatic Bitlocker Encryption - Similar Threads - Disable Automatic Bitlocker

2. Bitlocker encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption disabled: I kept getting The bitlocker recovery key screen upon starting my computer requiring me to enter the recovery key each time to get my machine to boot-up. A person I know disabled the encryption with the manage.bde commands. I no longer get the bitlocker recovery key screen on...
  3. Bitlocker encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encryption disabled: I kept getting The bitlocker recovery key screen upon starting my computer requiring me to enter the recovery key each time to get my machine to boot-up. A person I know disabled the encryption with the manage.bde commands. I no longer get the bitlocker recovery key screen on...
  4. Bitlocker encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BitLocker Encryption not disabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Encryption not disabling: I need some help with my BitLocker Drive Encryption.Every time I log into my Laptop, my drives are all encrypted, meaning that I have to get a key every time. This is really annoying as I access these drives very often. I tried for hours to find a way to disable this in my...
  6. BitLocker Encryption not disabling

BitLocker Encryption not disabling: I need some help with my BitLocker Drive Encryption.Every time I log into my Laptop, my drives are all encrypted, meaning that I have to get a key every time. This is really annoying as I access these drives very often. I tried for hours to find a way to disable this in my...
  7. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Bitlocker Encryption: Hi there I'm Using a Dell Inspiron 3501. I have a problem in my windows 11 PC. That is one of my drives which has important files in it is suddenly encrypted with Bitlocker. Actually I did not set any passwords to my drives but I dont know how it came to my drives. So i tried...
  8. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption

Disabling Bitlocker Encryption: Hi there I'm Using a Dell Inspiron 3501. I have a problem in my windows 11 PC. That is one of my drives which has important files in it is suddenly encrypted with Bitlocker. Actually I did not set any passwords to my drives but I dont know how it came to my drives. So i tried...
  9. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home: Hello, I am trying to dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 on my Dell G5 laptop and I currently cannot do this because I am getting a message from Ubuntu to turn off BitLocker encryption in order to install the Ubuntu OS. My laptop currently has Windows 10 Home, so I...
  10. Is it normal that BitLocker Drive Encryption stops automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal that BitLocker Drive Encryption stops automatically: The BitLocker Drive Encryption service on my windows stops by itself after some days, and each time I have to start its process as for it to run again. I want to know if that is a normal situation? Or even, should I panic? Because it is an important service. Thanks in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 stop automatic run bit locker registry

2. we need to disable the bit locker auto encrypting the devices

3. windows 10 automatic encryption registry