Windows 10: Disable Automatic Cascading?

Discus and support Disable Automatic Cascading? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After sitting idle for a bit, my PC decides that it wants to automatically Cascade all of my windows, including fullscreen windows such as Spotify. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/comrade-pancake, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Disable Automatic Cascading?

After sitting idle for a bit, my PC decides that it wants to automatically Cascade all of my windows, including fullscreen windows such as Spotify. How do I go about disabling this?

submitted by /u/comrade-pancake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/comrade-pancake, Nov 17, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Cascade windows

Hello,

You may follow the steps below to cascade the windows on your device:

• Right-click on an empty space on the Task Bar.
    • Click Cascade Windows.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Lost windows cascade icons and tiles

Hi Joyce,

In Windows 10, Windows Cascade icon is no longer available in the taskbar due to the Task View feature found beside the Search or Cortana icon. As a workaround, here's how you can cascade windows in Windows 10:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cascade windows.

To undo the cascade:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Undo Cascade all windows.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Nov 17, 2019
  4. ram93 Win User

Disable Automatic Cascading?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Disable Automatic Cascading?

1. Disable Automatic Cascading? - Similar Threads - Disable Automatic Cascading

2. Disable automatic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automatic startup: Whenever I try to play Roblox or Minecraft, Windows mixed reality and steamVR auto start and force the game into VR mode, Does anybody know how to stop this without physically disconnecting the headset?...
  3. Disable the automatic updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable the automatic updates: Hi How do I disable the automatic updates completely on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170059
  4. Disable automatic maximize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable automatic maximize: How do I set Windows 10 so that when a window touches the edge of the screen the window isn't automatically maximized? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-automatic-maximize/029e2fae-97f3-4312-89ff-2805f6c651fa
  5. Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling": Hello Can I somehow disable the rotation lock greying out? I want to always choose if automatic rotation should be on or off. Basically I want so that computer NEVER decides if rotation lock should be on or off and I always need to decide if its on or off. [ATTACH]...
  6. Disable automatics updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable automatics updates: How to disable automatic updates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-automatics-updates/d6484564-a7b1-4fd7-bd15-520dd58072cf
  7. Lost cascade windows

Lost cascade windows: I cannot find Undo Windows Cascade on the Task Bar. I am right-clicking on the dropdown list but it is not there. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-cascade-windows/09d59cac-91af-4dc4-8e6f-5f9006cc28b4
  8. Scrolling in Cascading Menus

Scrolling in Cascading Menus: Can't remember if I inquired about this before but, is there a way to be able to scroll (mouse wheel) in Quick Launch cascading menus, instead of having to 'pin point' the little arrow at the bottom and letting it self-scroll in the slow default manner? [img] 51107
  9. Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Automatic Updates: Right now, after installing Windows 10, I only have the option to Automatically Install Updates or Notify to Schedule Restart. This is a problem, I want to be able to choose what drivers I install. I don't want windows automatically installing all the craptastic 3rd party...
  10. Disable automatic maintenance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable automatic maintenance?: Since the task Idle Maintenance and Regular Maintenance does not present in Task Scheduler anymore in Windows 10, does anyone know how to disable automatic maintenance? 17025