Windows 10: Disable automatic desktop slideshow when opening more than 15 images

Discus and support Disable automatic desktop slideshow when opening more than 15 images in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I work on a lot of photos, and sometimes I'll have to open 20-50 of them at once in Photoshop. If I try to select them in Windows Explorer and hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/partypantaloons, May 7, 2020.

1. Disable automatic desktop slideshow when opening more than 15 images

I work on a lot of photos, and sometimes I'll have to open 20-50 of them at once in Photoshop. If I try to select them in Windows Explorer and hit "enter", instead of opening them with the associated program, it will set them as a desktop wallpaper slideshow. It won't even give me an "Open With..." option. There's got to be a way to disable this, right? Please someone save me from this!

submitted by /u/partypantaloons
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/partypantaloons, May 7, 2020
  2. DoozerMG Win User

How to stop folder of images becoming a desktop slideshow

On my new Dell XPS PC, running Win 10 64-bit, if I select a whole folder of images and hit enter, rather than opening in Photoshop as I want, they instead turn into a desktop slideshow.
    I've gone into Power Options, and 'paused' the slideshow option under Advanced Power Settings>Desktop Background Settings, but that hasn't helped.
    If I only select some of the images and hit enter, they open in Photoshop fine - so as a workaround, I can select half, open them, then go back and select the other half. However, I keep forgetting and then have to keep reinstating my desktop background.
    This behavior didn't happen on my previous Dell, and doesn't happen on my wife's Win 10 machine.
    Any suggestions welcome...

DoozerMG, May 7, 2020
  3. Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

Hi,

You can have the same preview layout for your lock screen and desktop background slideshow as long as the photos are saved on the same folder. To change the desktop background picture to slideshow, please follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background, choose Slideshow.
    • Click on Browse, and then navigate to your slideshow folder that you have created to specify the directory.
    • Set the time interval. Under Change picture every choose your time preference of between 1 minute and 1 day.

After customizing the desktop background, you'll need to configure the lock screen slideshow settings too. Follow the steps given on this article and select the same slideshow folder:

Personalize your lock screen

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, May 7, 2020
  4. Disable automatic desktop slideshow when opening more than 15 images

Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Disable automatic desktop slideshow when opening more than 15 images

1. Disable automatic desktop slideshow when opening more than 15 images - Similar Threads - Disable automatic desktop

2. desktop computer locks up with more than 3 tabs open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop computer locks up with more than 3 tabs open: desktop computer locks up with more than 3 tabs open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-computer-locks-up-with-more-than-3-tabs/fc956006-948f-4708-9d60-bd6a6e99f60f
  3. Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper: Hello everyone, I posted this question because of a problem I'm experiencing with the desktop slideshow wallpaper. I put 14 images into the folder chose for the background and 13 of them work. The third image, named "3.png" in the folder, does not show up on the desktop....
  4. Automatically disable wallpaper slideshow when starting games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically disable wallpaper slideshow when starting games?: So thanks to /u/faz712 (seriously, THANK YOU) I found out that my folder of 1000 pictures and 5 GB of weight puts some serious strain on the games that I play, resulting in serious stutters every minute (since I want to see as many pics as possible I put the timer to 1 min)....
  5. How to disable automatic slideshow in Albums?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable automatic slideshow in Albums?: I just updated my OS and now the Albums section in the Photos app is auto-playing a slideshow above my images. Previously it was just a still image but after the update this feature runs automatically. How do i turn this off?...
  6. Automatic Slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Slideshow: I made a powerpoint presentation that need to be automatically played after every video and automatically proceed to the next slide. I changed the "on click" at the playback and put it on automatic, it works. Then i unchecked the on click at the transition and checked the...
  7. Automatic updates hurt more than help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic updates hurt more than help.: Hello to my fellow Windows 10 users. I am writing in an effort to possibly shed light on Microsoft's insistence that updates be automatic. Every time (that is 100%) Microsoft sends an update, my machine craps out. Is this a "planned obsolescence" tactic? Last night, I...
  8. More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings: Hello, So I have my Desktop Background to change using the Slideshow option. (Settings > Personalization > Background) I am aware of a certain advanced setting that lets you modify the interval of time until the Desktop Background image changes (I went to the Registry and...
  9. More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings: Hello, So I have my Desktop Background to change using the Slideshow option. (Settings > Personalization > Background) I am aware of a certain advanced setting that lets you modify the interval of time until the Desktop Background image changes (I went to the Registry and...
  10. minimum password length more than 15?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    minimum password length more than 15?: Hi there, recently I try to setup my company's 10 security policy, one of the key setting is minimum password length in "Local Security Policy" ==> Account Policies ==> Password Policies, there is an parameter "Minimum password Length" in the explain section, it says...