Windows 10: Disable automatic maximize

Discus and support Disable automatic maximize in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I set Windows 10 so that when a window touches the edge of the screen the window isn't automatically maximized?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gam-65, Feb 24, 2020.

1. gam-65 Win User

Disable automatic maximize

How do I set Windows 10 so that when a window touches the edge of the screen the window isn't automatically maximized?

:)

gam-65, Feb 24, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Disable automatics updates

Hi MelissaRobinson3.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try to disable automatic updates starting from the point that automatic updates behave like any service. Follow these steps:

* Press the Windows + R key, type services.msc in the execution bar and press the Enter key.

* In the list of processes locate the Windows Update and open it by clicking on it.

* To disable it, in the General tab, look for the field "Type of start" and change it to "Disabled".

* Restart the PC and the automatic updates will have gone down in history.

If at any time you want to activate them again, simply follow these steps again and change the startup type to "Automatic".

DouglasMillar69, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Disable automatic maximize

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Disable automatic maximize

1. Disable automatic maximize - Similar Threads - Disable automatic maximize

2. Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...: I used to click the title bar to place a window to a difference location in the screen. But now with the new Windows 11, it automically maximizes the full screen. Not sure why this is useful. I need to disable it. How to disable it ? I am searching for a couple of hours...
  3. Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...: I used to click the title bar to place a window to a difference location in the screen. But now with the new Windows 11, it automically maximizes the full screen. Not sure why this is useful. I need to disable it. How to disable it ? I am searching for a couple of hours...
  4. Disable the automatic updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable the automatic updates: Hi How do I disable the automatic updates completely on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170059
  5. Completely disable the maximize feature in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Completely disable the maximize feature in windows: Not referring to automatic maximizing (dragging, snapping), but all maximizing. If anyone knows of a way to completely disable the ability to maximize any window in Windows I would be very grateful. For the inquisitive: I got some very high res screens and I never maximize...
  6. Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling": Hello Can I somehow disable the rotation lock greying out? I want to always choose if automatic rotation should be on or off. Basically I want so that computer NEVER decides if rotation lock should be on or off and I always need to decide if its on or off. [ATTACH]...
  7. Disable Automatic Cascading?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Automatic Cascading?: After sitting idle for a bit, my PC decides that it wants to automatically Cascade all of my windows, including fullscreen windows such as Spotify. How do I go about disabling this? submitted by /u/comrade-pancake [link] [comments]...
  8. Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents: I Work with Word 2007 both on Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 laptop. I do not have the issue in Windows 7. In Windows 10 however if I have a minimized document in word and open a new word document both the new and the minimized document are opened/maximized. Same happens in...
  9. Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing: How to: Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing How to Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing in Windows By default, Windows will animate (fade and slide) windows when you minimize and maximize them. If you don't...
  10. Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Dragging Maximized Windows in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, you can drag a maximized window from its title bar to restore down or move to another display. This...