Windows 10: Disable automatic network scan

Discus and support Disable automatic network scan in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There used to be a settings in windows settings that stopped your computer from scanning for wifi every 2 minutes but now its gone. I found WLAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ihaveaproblemwithmycomput, May 12, 2019.

1. Disable automatic network scan

There used to be a settings in windows settings that stopped your computer from scanning for wifi every 2 minutes but now its gone. I found WLAN autoconfig but it just stops your wifi completely. The setting made it so your computer would stop scanning for wifi every 2 minutes but still have wifi when you start up your computer.

:)

Ihaveaproblemwithmycomput, May 12, 2019

2. Windows 10: Disable automatic connection of a wireless network

To further explain this question, let's start with a comparison between the steps you've outlined vs what I am seeing elsewhere. Your steps do provide the list of wifi networks that I use and are secured. However, when I click on the network symbol on
    the lower right of the desktop screen (sorry, don't know what to call this area), it shows other networks that probably belong to the neighbors. Some of them are checked to 'automatically connect. I don't want to automatically connect to them. How can those
    networks be permanently unchecked for 'automatically connect.' It cannot be permanently done on this list. Thanks, Joyce

JoyceMcDonald0133, May 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Disable automatic connection of a wireless network

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

If you have not tried this then you may follow these steps to test if that helps:

• Open "Network and Sharing Center".

• On the left pane, click on the option "Manage wireless networks”.

• Look for those networks where the Security is "Unsecured." Right-click on an unsecured network, then click on "Properties”.

• Make sure that the box next to "Connect automatically when this network is in range," is not checked. Then click on "OK" to save your settings. Repeat the steps to uncheck the box for any other unsecured networks on the list.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 12, 2019
  4. dljprince Win User

Disable automatic network scan

Windows 10: Disable automatic connection of a wireless network

This isn't helpful.

This is clearly a software issue and can't be rectified by playing with wireless settings. Please can Microsoft create a patch? I find that often it stops me logging in as the computer is confused on the networks it is connected to.

I have followed all the suggested steps and it makes no difference as I am not actually connected to the networks that the computer is suggesting I connect automatically to.

Regrads

David

dljprince, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Disable automatic network scan

1. Disable automatic network scan - Similar Threads - Disable automatic network

2. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter being automatically disabled: Network adapter sporadically shows disabled. I click the wifi icon at the bottom of my screen but Bluetooth is first available instead of wifi, as usual. There is no wifi option. I recently started Avast VPN, could that cause this problem?...
  3. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter being automatically disabled: Network adapter sporadically shows disabled. I click the wifi icon at the bottom of my screen but Bluetooth is first available instead of wifi, as usual. There is no wifi option. I recently started Avast VPN, could that cause this problem?...
  4. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter getting automatically disabled: Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 3521Recently I am facing an issue of wireless network adapter getting automatically disabled. The driver is "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11bgn 2.4GHZ".This driver is getting automatically disable and hence my laptop does not connect to wifi. And I have...
  6. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

Network adapter getting automatically disabled: Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 3521Recently I am facing an issue of wireless network adapter getting automatically disabled. The driver is "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11bgn 2.4GHZ".This driver is getting automatically disable and hence my laptop does not connect to wifi. And I have...
  7. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

8. Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range: I am trying to connect to a network, but it is not shown in the list of available networks. It is in fact available, but it is not shown. When I launch the troubleshooter, it insists on connecting me to a network that I previously had selected as "connect automatically", but...
  9. Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range

Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range: I am trying to connect to a network, but it is not shown in the list of available networks. It is in fact available, but it is not shown. When I launch the troubleshooter, it insists on connecting me to a network that I previously had selected as "connect automatically", but...
  10. Windows 10 network adapter automatically disabled

Windows 10 network adapter automatically disabled: Hi I had a problem with the all network adapters when i enable one of them after 2 sec its automatically disabled . So i try to install the adapter driver but still the same problem and i can't connect to the internet to do the windows upgradeThanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 disable scan for other wifis when connected

2. automatic network scan

3. automatic network scan windows