Windows 10: Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10

Discus and support Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004. It has been multiple times since the previous-previous releases that Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BagusHanindhito, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10

Dear Microsoft Community,

I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004. It has been multiple times since the previous-previous releases that Windows 10 automatically restart my PC for automatic updates. This makes me lost my unsaved work in which I have spent a lot of hours. I usually run some calculation jobs or just keep the program open before going to sleep and it is very frustrating when I wake up and see a clean desktop view on my computer.

I have tried the active hours but it does not work! If you don't mind, is there any reason behind the implementation of the "auto-restart on update" feature? It is useless for the user's perspective and losing hours or even days of works are not tolerable at all.

Please let me know how to disable the auto-restart feature on the update in Windows 10. I want to control how my PC behave according to my need i.e., manual restart like on Windows XP.

Thank you.

:)

BagusHanindhito, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, May 25, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 25, 2020
  4. Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10

Disable automatics updates

Hi MelissaRobinson3.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try to disable automatic updates starting from the point that automatic updates behave like any service. Follow these steps:

* Press the Windows + R key, type services.msc in the execution bar and press the Enter key.

* In the list of processes locate the Windows Update and open it by clicking on it.

* To disable it, in the General tab, look for the field "Type of start" and change it to "Disabled".

* Restart the PC and the automatic updates will have gone down in history.

If at any time you want to activate them again, simply follow these steps again and change the startup type to "Automatic".

DouglasMillar69, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10

1. Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable Automatic Restart

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  3. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  4. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart: Firstly, why Microsoft do you lock threads when they're not addressed/resolved and I have to start another one with the practically the same title and issue?Now to the point. How does one stop a PC from restarting without permission.... permanently. I note that group policy...
  6. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart: Firstly, why Microsoft do you lock threads when they're not addressed/resolved and I have to start another one with the practically the same title and issue?Now to the point. How does one stop a PC from restarting without permission.... permanently. I note that group policy...
  7. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

8. Disable Windows 10 Pro Update Automatic Restart

Disable Windows 10 Pro Update Automatic Restart: I run a virtual server in VMware Workstation Pro on my Windows 10 Pro machine. It is mission critical for applications I serve for a non-profit, and should *NEVER* be shut down or rebooted byanyone or anything except me. Auto-reboot messes up my virtual server and takes down...
  9. Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart: How can I disable Windows 10 automatic restart. This question has been asked A LOT on this board. I have done many of the suggestions but I need to know if any of them actually work. This is not a fact of losing simply losing information. The computer is going to be...
  10. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Is there any REAL way to disable this cancer feature? This is not the first time i have lost unsaved work due to this annoying function, that almost every Windows user hates. I'm trying to behave, but it is really hard to keep calm after loosing unsaved work multiple...