Windows 10: disable automatic restore point

Discus and support disable automatic restore point in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I prevent win 10 creating restore point automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tushar_gamer, Sep 28, 2018.

1. disable automatic restore point

how do I prevent win 10 creating restore point automatically

:)

tushar_gamer, Sep 28, 2018
  2. BJM
    bjm Win User

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

disable automatic restore point [​IMG]

3. Brink Win User
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, *Smile

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Sep 30, 2018
  4. disable automatic restore point

Creating restore points automatically; can it be done?

Hi Mark,

It's good to see that you're interested to learn more about Windows 10 System Restore. Yes! There's a way for Windows 10 to create restore points automatically. All you have to do is to create your first restore point, then when something significant happens,
    such as installing a Windows Update or a new application. See the steps below to learn how:

• Search for Create a system restore point.
    • Click on Configure, then choose Turn on system protection and
      OK.
    • Once done, choose Create, then type the description for restore point.

We'll be looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

disable automatic restore point

1. disable automatic restore point - Similar Threads - disable automatic restore

2. are system restore points deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    are system restore points deleted automatically?: So 2 weeks ago I checked system restore out of curiosity and I had atleast like 5 restore points, I checked today and now I only have two, what happened?...
  3. Automatic Restore Point Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Restore Point Problem: Can anyone help please? I'm just simply trying to do a restore into a specific Automatic Restore Point that was done by the system 2 days ago and after the PC restarts, the prompt says it didn't complete the restore.My PC is running on Windows 11 22H2 22621.2428...
  4. Automatic Restore Point Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Restore Point Problem: Can anyone help please? I'm just simply trying to do a restore into a specific Automatic Restore Point that was done by the system 2 days ago and after the PC restarts, the prompt says it didn't complete the restore.My PC is running on Windows 11 22H2 22621.2428...
  5. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  6. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  7. Restore Points automatically deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Points automatically deleting: Is it possible to make one restore point that windows wont delete it, if it is already created? submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k822y5/restore_points_automatically_deleting/
  8. System restore points automatically deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore points automatically deleted?: In windows 10, are system restore points automaticaly deleted after days, weeks, months, or even years? Or would i have to delete the restore points (via disk cleanup utility) Your help is grealty appreciated, thanks in advance for your help!...
  9. No Automatic Restore Points Created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No Automatic Restore Points Created: I have a clean install of Win 10. Despite receiving several cumulative updates from Microsoft over the past several days, no automatic restore points have been created. System Restore is set to "On" for drive C: so that is not the issue. I can create manual restore points...
  10. Automatic Restore Point Creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatic Restore Point Creation: Is there a way to get Restore Points created automatically periodically? The only ones showing in the Restore Point window are those I created manually. System Update has never created one. Thank you. 40391