Windows 10: Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop

Discus and support Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 to exclusively run QuickBooksPro 2021. Unfortunately, QB2021 does not run on Windows 11. How do I block... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PeterPeter22, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop

I purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 to exclusively run QuickBooksPro 2021. Unfortunately, QB2021 does not run on Windows 11. How do I block Windows from automatically updating to Windows 11 upon laptop setup, so that it will boot up and stay in Windows 10.

:)

PeterPeter22, Jan 14, 2022
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    [Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, Jan 14, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop

1. Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop - Similar Threads - Disable Automatic Update

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart: Firstly, why Microsoft do you lock threads when they're not addressed/resolved and I have to start another one with the practically the same title and issue?Now to the point. How does one stop a PC from restarting without permission.... permanently. I note that group policy...
  3. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart: Firstly, why Microsoft do you lock threads when they're not addressed/resolved and I have to start another one with the practically the same title and issue?Now to the point. How does one stop a PC from restarting without permission.... permanently. I note that group policy...
  4. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop: I purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 to exclusively run QuickBooksPro 2021. Unfortunately, QB2021 does not run on Windows 11. How do I block Windows from automatically updating to Windows 11 upon laptop setup, so that it will boot up and stay in Windows 10....
  6. Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop

Disable Automatic Update of Windows 10 to Windows 11 on new Laptop: I purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 to exclusively run QuickBooksPro 2021. Unfortunately, QB2021 does not run on Windows 11. How do I block Windows from automatically updating to Windows 11 upon laptop setup, so that it will boot up and stay in Windows 10....
  7. How to Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates!

How to Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates!: Yes, apparently it IS possible.I didn't know either, and believe me I've scoured the web. This came directly from a Microsoft support rep. Heres the chat between us I've cut out the insignificant parts:Ive looked through the settings but it doesnt seem like I can COMPLETELY...
  8. Disable Windows 10 Automatic updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable Windows 10 Automatic updates: Windows 10 updates automatically,no matter what.Countless users have complained it damages their system and want to completely stop them from happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-windows-10-automatic-updates/ba0781f4-83fe-4519-a587-99646c19e571
  9. Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10

Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10: Dear Microsoft Community, I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004. It has been multiple times since the previous-previous releases that Windows 10 automatically restart my PC for automatic updates. This makes me lost my unsaved work in which I have spent a lot of hours. I...
  10. Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates

Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates: I did a Clean Install a few days ago & want to disable Automatic Updates. I know I can by using these steps: 1. Press Windows key + R, type gpedit.msc & press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, to run the Group Policy Editor as an Admin. 2. Navigate to Computer Configuration >...