Windows 10: Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11

Discus and support Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I disable the Windows Update that forces me to install Windows 11? I do not want to install Windows 11 at this time.To clarify, I know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aga Nessie, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11

How do I disable the Windows Update that forces me to install Windows 11? I do not want to install Windows 11 at this time.To clarify, I know how to disable updates completely -- I would rather not do that. I want to disable this single specific update without completely switching off all system and software updates in Windows.--------------Note to Microsoft: You are not making any friends with those forced upgrades. People don't like to be treated like that, and resistance to your new OS version grows. Please make it possible to CHOOSE when to upgrade.

:)

Aga Nessie, Nov 22, 2022
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 22, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Nov 22, 2022
  4. Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11

Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11

1. Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11 - Similar Threads - Disable automatic upgrade

2. How to disable software upgrade automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable software upgrade automatically?: I get old version software and would like to know on how to disable software upgrade automaticallyIs there anything to control it?Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  3. How to disable software upgrade automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable software upgrade automatically?: I get old version software and would like to know on how to disable software upgrade automaticallyIs there anything to control it?Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11

Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11: How do I disable the Windows Update that forces me to install Windows 11? I do not want to install Windows 11 at this time.To clarify, I know how to disable updates completely -- I would rather not do that. I want to disable this single specific update without completely...
  5. Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11: How do I disable the Windows Update that forces me to install Windows 11? I do not want to install Windows 11 at this time.To clarify, I know how to disable updates completely -- I would rather not do that. I want to disable this single specific update without completely...
  6. Preventing automatic upgrade from Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preventing automatic upgrade from Windows 10 to 11: Hi,I am running Windows 10 Pro. I'd like to make sure that my computer will not be automatically upgraded to Windows 11 until I feel ready to make this change. Can anyone tell me what is the best way I can prevent the Windows 11 upgrade from taking place automatically?Along...
  7. Preventing automatic upgrade from Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing automatic upgrade from Windows 10 to 11: Hi,I am running Windows 10 Pro. I'd like to make sure that my computer will not be automatically upgraded to Windows 11 until I feel ready to make this change. Can anyone tell me what is the best way I can prevent the Windows 11 upgrade from taking place automatically?Along...
  8. Preventing automatic upgrade from Windows 10 to 11

9. How to disable the upgrade Windows 11 link opened automatically at start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the upgrade Windows 11 link opened automatically at start up?: Hello everyone, Sometimes when my Windows 10 starts up, the browser will be open the upgrade Windows 11 link automatically, it is really annoying and I want to disable it. I hope you guys could help me. Thanks in advance!!!This is the link:...
  10. How to disable the upgrade Windows 11 link opened automatically at start up?

How to disable the upgrade Windows 11 link opened automatically at start up?: Hello everyone, Sometimes when my Windows 10 starts up, the browser will be open the upgrade Windows 11 link automatically, it is really annoying and I want to disable it. I hope you guys could help me. Thanks in advance!!!This is the link:...