Windows 10: Disable Automatic window resizing in Windows 11 22H2

Discus and support Disable Automatic window resizing in Windows 11 22H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11 22H2 version. I am trying to figure out how to disable the automatic resizing of adjacent windows. The option used to be, "When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AngelOfChaos, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Disable Automatic window resizing in Windows 11 22H2

I am using Windows 11 22H2 version. I am trying to figure out how to disable the automatic resizing of adjacent windows. The option used to be, "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window" As shown in my screen grab, this option no longer exists.This is very frustrating, as I hate it when my windows resize themselves. If I want one window bigger, the other one should not automatically shrink unless I want it to. Has this just been removed completely as an option if so, why?? please bring it back! or do I need to find this setting somewhere other than th

:)

AngelOfChaos, Mar 28, 2023

2. Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

Hi Mintz. I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

See if these help to disable automatic resizing of snapped windows:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-automati... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially DO NOT INSTALL Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-snap-ass...

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/snap-windows-into...

(The great thing about MVP Shawn Brink's tutorials is that he is normally the best expert on the subjects he writes about, and is usually easily accessible in the Comments section of his tutorials where you can contact him if you need further help.)

Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Mintz6 Win User
    Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

I have recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, I had to manually select to disable the feature that would resize two windows when I wished to only resize one (I do prefer an active window to overlap an inactive one, most of the time). On Windows 10, the option to disable that function was under the multitasking heading (Windows 11 version shown below). Where is this option on Windows 11?

Disable Automatic window resizing in Windows 11 22H2 e6832f2f-31f3-4a0b-8b53-fe95adbc7bb7?upload=true.png

Mintz6, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Disable Automatic window resizing in Windows 11 22H2

Disable the automatic resizing window when dragging windows on the desktop

Using windows 10 Home, when I drag a window on the desktop, a shaded window appears that will allow me to select a fractional screen snap or to maximize the window. If this box happens to appear where the cursor falls when I simply want to translate the
    window, it automatically resizes the window to what the box suggests. I simply want this suggestion box to be disabled, but I cannot find a way to do it. I have tried every combination of turning snap and its features on and off. I just want this annoying
    auto-resizing suggestion box to go away.

PaulEason71, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Disable Automatic window resizing in Windows 11 22H2

1. Disable Automatic window resizing in Windows 11 22H2 - Similar Threads - Disable Automatic window

2. Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10: Hi,I need to disable re-sizing of the windows start menu. If i tried to drag the windows start menu, the size of the window can be dragged.Is there anyway we can disable the re-sizing option or user dragging option in windows 21H2....
  3. Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10: Hi,I need to disable re-sizing of the windows start menu. If i tried to drag the windows start menu, the size of the window can be dragged.Is there anyway we can disable the re-sizing option or user dragging option in windows 21H2....
  4. Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disable Automatic window resizing in Windows 11 22H2

Disable Automatic window resizing in Windows 11 22H2: I am using Windows 11 22H2 version. I am trying to figure out how to disable the automatic resizing of adjacent windows. The option used to be, "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window" As shown in my screen grab, this option no...
  6. Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows": I have recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, I had to manually select to disable the feature that would resize two windows when I wished to only resize one I do prefer an active window to overlap an inactive one, most of the time. On Windows 10, the option to...
  7. Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows": I have recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, I had to manually select to disable the feature that would resize two windows when I wished to only resize one I do prefer an active window to overlap an inactive one, most of the time. On Windows 10, the option to...
  8. How to disable automatic window resizing of adjacent snapped window in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable automatic window resizing of adjacent snapped window in Windows 11: [IMG]When you split your screen by two windows and resize one of them, Windows 11 resizes the other window automatically. However, if you want to disable the automatic resizing of the adjacent snapped window in Windows 11, this article will be handy for you. There is a...
  9. stop window automatic resize

stop window automatic resize: I want to stop window resize. I cannot find Multi Task on Control Panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-window-automatic-resize/1d1af6de-de01-4e77-9cd1-4d83d71271ad
  10. Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing

Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing: Hello,Occasionally, when I wake my laptop up from Sleep Mode, windows will randomly resize and move through out the screen. Please see the attached picture for an example. Before I put my laptop on Sleep Mode, all three Sticky Notes were the same size as "Note A" and "Note...