Windows 10: Disable Bing in cortana search

Discus and support Disable Bing in cortana search in Cortana to solve the problem; When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by dragonfruit1009878, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Disable Bing in cortana search

When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser, and I don't ever appreciate it being forced on me. How do I remove/disable this? For clarification, I don't want anything I click on in my computer to ever default to Edge, or Bing.

:)

dragonfruit1009878, Aug 9, 2020

2. Cortana Redirects me randomly to Bing searches

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using Cortana.

I would like to know some information.

• What is the current operating system installed on your computer?

• Which browser do you use?

I suggest you to refer to the below article about how to disable Bing search in Cortana and check if it helps.

Refer: Cortana, Search, and privacy: FAQ

Section: Search

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Disable Bing in cortana search [​IMG]

Try0x101, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Disable Bing in cortana search

Disable BING as default search engine

How do I disable BING from my browser? It pops up on start-up as the default search engine.

It's so frustrating. I've gone into menu setting to change, tried the Cortana search settings fix, and it still defaults back to Bing.

Have searched the internet over the months tried different solutions. Noticed many users also experiencing the same issue. Asking the same question. Some suggested solutions that were so technical and complicated, I gave up.

So now I'm here. Can someone give me a quick, easy fix to disable Bing? It can't be that hard or difficult, surely. Disable Bing in cortana search :eek:)

SandraLWhite, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Disable Bing in cortana search

1. Disable Bing in cortana search - Similar Threads - Disable Bing cortana

2. Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???

in Cortana
    Can Cortana do anything except searching the bing???: I'm very surprised that Cortana can literally do nothing but say "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that."It can't even set a timer or reminder....
  3. cortana only searches bings, nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cortana only searches bings, nothing else: I just tried using cortana for the first time, had my laptop for more than a year but never thought about using cortana before today. but no matter what i send her she just searches bing and cannot do any of the other functionalities, it's really frustrating since i've got my...
  4. Can I disable cortana and bing?

in Cortana
    Can I disable cortana and bing?: Cortana is using a lot of memory and I don't use it . The same with Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-cortana-and-bing/1ccb6e45-43da-4017-9b8a-5154d63ebcb6"
  5. Disable BING as default search engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable BING as default search engine: How do I disable BING from my browser? It pops up on start-up as the default search engine. It's so frustrating. I've gone into menu setting to change, tried the Cortana search settings fix, and it still defaults back to Bing. Have searched the internet over the months...
  6. How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?

in Cortana
    How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?: How do you disable "search the web" in search/Cortana? ***Modified title from: Search*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-search-the-web-option-in/27e0c3a8-c337-49d7-8416-5c7dd8d9dc4f"
  7. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  8. Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application: Howdy, Anyone knows which tutorial can be used to disable and prevent this service from loading? The exact details in the snapshot. Cheers, [img] 113913
  9. How to disable cortanas web search?

How to disable cortanas web search?: I just reinstalled and theres no option in her settings to turn off the web search she does when you search for files on your pc and such. How else could I turn it off if its not listed in her settings? 24449
  10. Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff"

Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff": In windows 10 it says I can chat with Cortana and ask it questions and get a personalized response, but this isn't the case for me. It says I can speak aloud or type, but since I've no mic, I choose to type. When I ask it something like "How's the weather" or "How tall is...