Windows 10: Disable bitlocker to boot Windows 10 ISO

Discus and support Disable bitlocker to boot Windows 10 ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I went into diagnostics hit F2 while booting up. Now am attempting to boot from the USB and at Windows Setup. I am trying to install on the primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by afeist, Nov 23, 2020.

1. afeist Win User

Disable bitlocker to boot Windows 10 ISO

I went into diagnostics hit F2 while booting up. Now am attempting to boot from the USB and at Windows Setup. I am trying to install on the primary partition. However, I have a number of primary partitions and it won't install on any of them. The feedback is bitlocker must first be disabled. How do I disable bitlocker on a computer that won't fully boot up in the first place? I have all the bitlocker keys.

THank you.

:)

afeist, Nov 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 23, 2020
  3. How to disable Bitlocker?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and click on
    Control Panel.

2. Change View by from Category
    to Large Icons/Small Icons.

3. Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
    Turn BitLocker Off.

4. Follow on screen instructions. Click on
    Decrypt the Drive
    when the message appears.

I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Disable bitlocker to boot Windows 10 ISO

Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled

Hi Bilal,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to refer article on
    Disabling Secure Boot

However, let me help you in pointing in the right direction where you will get support for issues related to BitLocker and Secure Boot.

I would suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge to assist you with your query.

For additional reference, you may also check
    BitLocker Group Policy settings

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Disable bitlocker to boot Windows 10 ISO

1. Disable bitlocker to boot Windows 10 ISO - Similar Threads - Disable bitlocker boot

2. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Bitlocker Encryption: Hi there I'm Using a Dell Inspiron 3501. I have a problem in my windows 11 PC. That is one of my drives which has important files in it is suddenly encrypted with Bitlocker. Actually I did not set any passwords to my drives but I dont know how it came to my drives. So i tried...
  3. uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 home. I bought this device but noticed that there is BitLocker. It should only be for Windows 10 pro. How can I uninstall BitLocker? I disabled it via services.msc but do not know if it is temporarily or forever....
  4. Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10

Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10: Hey there, I was intending to install ubuntu on my PC, but to do this, I have to disable bitlocker encryption. I tried to decrypt it from the settings, and all I get was this: [ATTACH] If you had the same problem and was able to solve it, please share the solution, or...
  5. How to disable BitLocker in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable BitLocker in Windows 10?: BitLocker is not allowing me to install other necessary things in my Laptop Dell Inspiron 3576WINDOWS VERSION-HOME . I never activated it but now a unlocked lock sign is apperaing on the top of all of my drives I read on the internet and the sign represents that drive has...
  6. Is Bitlocker disabling Windows Search?

in Cortana
    Is Bitlocker disabling Windows Search?: I am running Windows 10 pro V2004 I have bitlocker encryption running on my 2 disks C: System and apps. D:Data Search indicates that it has indexed 125000 files. I have set the search options to index "Index encrypted files" The index location is C:\programdata\Microsoft...
  7. Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled

Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled: Hello, I would like to know if I turned off Secure boot in windows 10 will I be able to have encrypted drives that do not require a user to enter a boot password. I am currently using an endpoint software for DLP policy and it does not work with secure boot on. If I turn if...
  8. Can't boot to ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot to ISO: I made a Windows 10 iso from a bootable usb, and when I did, it was bootable, but it gave an error. 0xc000000f [img] 122953
  9. Secure Boot and Bitlocker

Secure Boot and Bitlocker: If I have BitLocker enabled on my system, do I have to enable Secure Boot as well? If BitLocker is enabled, does that mean I must enable Secure Boot? Or, can I just leave Secure Boot disabled? 90970
  10. mount an ISO at boot?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    mount an ISO at boot?: Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB first. In my case System File Checker is asking for a drive letter to use as a reference file system. 46093