Windows 10: Disable bluetooth auto connect

Discus and support Disable bluetooth auto connect in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I want to stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to ANYTHING. No, I dont want to disconnect the devices. No, I dont want to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Philipp4, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Disable bluetooth auto connect

Hey, I want to stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to ANYTHING. No, I dont want to disconnect the devices. No, I dont want to disable bluetooth. I just want to disable auto-connect.

submitted by /u/Philipp4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Philipp4, Aug 7, 2020

2. Disable bluetooth auto connect

That is a horrible solution, as someone who remote assists a variety of technologically challenged people this posses a major headache. Can I suggest a simple auto connect checkbox similar to the WiFi feature.

zeropointdragon, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Rklawton Win User
    Disable bluetooth auto connect

I've tried this solution. It failed. I've removed the device as described above, and it no longer appears on the list.

However, it re-appears whenever I turn on my bluetooth device and the device connects. That's not what I want.

R.

Rklawton, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Disable bluetooth auto connect

Hi l have multiple devices paired via Bluetooth including a soundbar, mouse and my Headphones.

If l want to listen to my music via my headset, l turn on the Bluetooth.
    1. The Bluetooth lists all devices but will always auto connect to the soundbar.
    2. I then need to disconnect the sound bar and then
    3. Connect the headset.

If my family is watching a movie via the soundbar and l turn on the bluetooth,

1. the laptop will auto connect to the sound bar - disconnecting the tv - interrupting them
    2. l then need to disconnect the soundbar and before
    3. They can reconnect the tv to the soundbar

To manually unpair my soundbar is silly since
    repairing is not as simply as choosing to connect to it like you do in the WIFI options.

What l would like is for it to work like the wifi,

• with a checkbox that allows you which choose device it will auto connect to upon being turned on.
    • if no device is checked then it waits for the user to pick one device.

I can not understand why this simply solution cant be solved by a company as large as microsoft which has the resources to do this.

This reminds me of the Windows 8 Mobile OS who's system settings was all over the place and not in categories nor at least in alphabetical order. It was like all the different departments dumped everything on the floor and someone just decided to make the
    order that system settings appeared in what every order they picked up items from their desk????

It still wasn't fixed even after windows 10 mobile was released and windows 8 Mobile was order,

Jack40Melb, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Disable bluetooth auto connect - Similar Threads - Disable bluetooth auto

2. Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect: There's no feature to disable bluetooth auto connect. Why? No one knows. I want to be able to put my laptop to sleep and not have to come back upstairs to put it in hibernate or turn off bluetooth altogether just to use my earbuds on my phone. Very annoying, please fix....
  3. Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect: There's no feature to disable bluetooth auto connect. Why? No one knows. I want to be able to put my laptop to sleep and not have to come back upstairs to put it in hibernate or turn off bluetooth altogether just to use my earbuds on my phone. Very annoying, please fix....
  4. Auto-allow Bluetooth Connections?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-allow Bluetooth Connections?: I have a bit of a strange use-case on Win10 on manufacturing test systems. We want to test Bluetooth connections to our devices, and we have a system in place to find and pair with the device, but on connection, we always get the pop-up to ask if we will allow the connection....
  5. Auto-allow Bluetooth Connections?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-allow Bluetooth Connections?: I have a bit of a strange use-case on Win10 on manufacturing test systems. We want to test Bluetooth connections to our devices, and we have a system in place to find and pair with the device, but on connection, we always get the pop-up to ask if we will allow the connection....
  6. Auto-allow Bluetooth Connections?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Disable Bluetooth Auto-Connect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Bluetooth Auto-Connect?: This is the most annoying feature windows 10 has and I cannot find a way to disable it. When I am listening to radio on my phone with my Bluetooth headphones as windows boots up, suddenly I'm cut off and connect to windows 10. I've tried editing the registry key:...
  8. Bluetooth auto connect

Bluetooth auto connect: How do I make a bluetooth device automatically connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-auto-connect/b7d887b7-97c5-494f-84e8-811ae817424d
  9. "Disable bluetooth auto connect" per paired device

"Disable bluetooth auto connect" per paired device: I came across a closed thread, Disable bluetooth auto connect, with hundreds of posts over a number of years, almost all of which express surprise and frustration that there has been no improvement in this area since Windows 8 was introduced. I share this frustration....
  10. Disable auto-connect of microphone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable auto-connect of microphone?: So I've been trying to use my Jaybird X3s and now X4s with my home computer. Every time I go on and pair the earphones the first time it works just fine without the microphone playing back to the sound. But then I turn them off and put them away and when I come back and turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 prevent bluetooth from auto connect

2. windows 10 dont automatically connect bluetooth

3. windows 10 bluetooth auto connect disable

4. Windows Disable Bluetooth autoconnect