Windows 10: Disable boot password

Discus and support Disable boot password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I disable the boot password? Not worried about security on this computer Win 10 Pro 64 bit... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PhotoPro_, Jul 29, 2019.

1. PhotoPro_ Win User

Disable boot password

How do I disable the boot password?

Not worried about security on this computer

Win 10 Pro 64 bit

:)

PhotoPro_, Jul 29, 2019

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Disable boot password

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Disable boot password

1. Disable boot password - Similar Threads - Disable boot password

2. Disable password masking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable password masking: How do you disable password masking on windows 10? I have a disability that makes it hard to type and I absolutely abhor the fact that passwords on logging in aren't visible as I am typing. I have seen people say it' so nobody can look over your shoulder as you login but that...
  3. Disabling system password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling system password: Hi there,I am having issues disabling the password prompt whenever my PC turns on with windows 10. I never had to add a password until the past year. It also prompts me to change the password every couple of months. I've tried following the many steps suggested from the...
  4. Can't Disable Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Disable Password: Okay, I really am worried about speaking to the customer support itself or the assistance of the community, but I'm out of options. I sometimes am just completely unable to log-in. It says the password has been input too many times even if I've only done it once. So I've...
  5. Can't Disable Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Disable Password: Okay, I really am worried about speaking to the customer support itself or the assistance of the community, but I'm out of options. I sometimes am just completely unable to log-in. It says the password has been input too many times even if I've only done it once. So I've...
  6. Can't disable password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable password: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ka9q/cant_disable_password/
  7. DISABLE MICROSOFT PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DISABLE MICROSOFT PASSWORD: AM SENDING DELL LAPTOP IN TO REPLACE FAN AND HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO REMOVE OR DISABLE SYSTEM PASSWORD. CANNOT FIND ANYTHING ON HOW TO DO THIS. ANY HELP WILL BE APPREACIATED....
  8. boot password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    boot password: when i open my laptop in password box automatically some words are written https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-password/e2e9547e-e771-403d-9294-f0b245ae8a1c
  9. Enable / disable password at :

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enable / disable password at :: Hi there *Cool I am busy making several scripts into an autohotkey menu (gui) currently i am @ the network section *Tongue With the .regs i overcome alot of hurdles, but the one i am lost to is the change of this radio button : Password protected sharing in the network...
  10. Disable the password complexity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the password complexity: How do i disable the password complexity when i login to my PC? I am able to create a one letter password previously which i find it convenient. I dont need a lengthy password. However, after a recent update i need to add complexity of my password. I tried to run...