Windows 10: Disable caps and num lock pop-up notifications

Discus and support Disable caps and num lock pop-up notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, One day, I opened up my laptop and it had started displaying popup notifications every time I turned the caps lock or num lock on or off. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UsmaanMufti, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Disable caps and num lock pop-up notifications

Hi all,

One day, I opened up my laptop and it had started displaying popup notifications every time I turned the caps lock or num lock on or off. It is incredibly irritating and distracting when working and it was not doing for the last two years of use. I cannot figure out how to turn these off - is there a way to do this.

:)

UsmaanMufti, Oct 24, 2019
  2. JohnDubya Win User

How to disable caps-lock notification on Windows 10

After Googling for an hour, I finally figured out where the Caps Lock notification was coming from on my Windows 10 machine. I have a Bluetooth adapter installed on my computer, and I found a website describing that some Bluetooth software includes this
    on screen notification "feature." Well, I figured out on my machine that the process Csr Bluetooth OSD Settings was causing the notifications for "Caps Lock On," "Num Lock On," etc.

To turn this off:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc
    • Go to Processes and click on Csr Bluetooth OSD Settings then End Task.
    • Go to the Startup tab and find Csr Bluetooth OSD Settings then click
      Disable.

JohnDubya, Oct 24, 2019
  3. How to disable Caps Lock/ Num Lock notification Windows 10?

Caps lock and/or num lock icons displaying permanently on Lenovo laptop screen

I have a Lenovo E530c laptop running on Windows 10. I was experiencing the same problem as many users, judging from the number of on line queries and posts, with the caps lock and/or num lock icons staying permanently on at the bottom centre of the screen (black boxes containing either a white numeral one or a capital letter A).

Several posts suggested going to Control Panel, and clicking on “Display,” then clicking on the “Show the indicator for a few seconds” option. This disables the “Always show the indicator” option that was apparently the root of the problem. I tried this to discover that there was no “Display” option under “Control Panel” on my machine.

I eventually clicked on “Settings”, which resulted in a menu with a “Display” option. I clicked on the “display adapter properties” link at the very bottom of this page, which led to a series of tabs, one of which is “screen configurations”. This where I found the caps/numlock display options mentioned above.

So if your machine doesn’t have a “Display” heading under Control Panel (like mine) the solution is:

• Click on the “search” icon at the bottom left of the screen
    • Type in “Control panel” (both words)
    • Click on “Settings”
    • Click on “Display”
    • Click on “Display adapter settings” at the bottom of the screen
    • Click on the “Screen configurations” tab
    • Click on the “Show the indicator for a few seconds"

Reginald Ellis, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Disable caps and num lock pop-up notifications

How to disable caps-lock notification on Windows 10

how do you disable the onscreen notification for caps lock num lock etc. i want to use it for push to talk but the notification is driving me insane. I have tried looking for the CSR Bluetooth OSD setting but cannot find it in task manager

Can anyone help me out?

MatthewBilodeau, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Disable caps and num lock pop-up notifications

1. Disable caps and num lock pop-up notifications - Similar Threads - Disable caps num

2. Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up: Hi, my name's Hudson and I've recently been getting this notification or pop up on my computer whenever I press the Caps lock or Num lock keys. this problem started today, and I've tried every tutorial and guide I've seen on how to fix it and none of them have worked, and...
  3. Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up: Hi, my name's Hudson and I've recently been getting this notification or pop up on my computer whenever I press the Caps lock or Num lock keys. this problem started today, and I've tried every tutorial and guide I've seen on how to fix it and none of them have worked, and...
  4. Stop Num Lock On notification from popping up

Stop Num Lock On notification from popping up: Hi, After I reinstalled Windows 11 on my Surface Go3 I3, i get a Num Lock On notification whenever I type using the key pad of my Logitech MX5500. how do I turn off notification?thankx....
  5. How to Disable Caps Lock Pop-up Notification in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Caps Lock Pop-up Notification in Windows 10: i tried every solution, but it didn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-caps-lock-pop-up-notification-in/87d17458-189e-41be-893a-01d6638852e9
  6. How to Disable Caps Lock Pop-up Notification in Windows 10

How to Disable Caps Lock Pop-up Notification in Windows 10: i tried every solution, but it didn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-caps-lock-pop-up-notification-in/87d17458-189e-41be-893a-01d6638852e9
  7. How to disable the Num Lock Pop-up On-screen Notification v2.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the Num Lock Pop-up On-screen Notification v2.0: I have scoured these forums and the net for the answer to this question and have done everything that was suggested:General Settings Gear --> Ease of Access:Control Panel, Ease of Access which seems to be the same as the above, but whatever:Advanced Display Properties Which...
  8. How to disable the Num Lock Pop-up On-screen Notification v2.0

How to disable the Num Lock Pop-up On-screen Notification v2.0: I have scoured these forums and the net for the answer to this question and have done everything that was suggested:General Settings Gear --> Ease of Access:Control Panel, Ease of Access which seems to be the same as the above, but whatever:Advanced Display Properties Which...
  9. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  10. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable caps lock pop up notifications