Windows 10: Disable change password - ultra simple question

Discus and support Disable change password - ultra simple question in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Dumb blonde question - In fall creators update on HP Spectre to disable change password prompts: In registry, LoginUI, NgcPin, is value data a zero or... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ReCor1, Mar 22, 2020.

1. ReCor1 Win User

Disable change password - ultra simple question

Dumb blonde question - In fall creators update on HP Spectre to disable change password prompts:

In registry, LoginUI, NgcPin, is value data a zero or a letter O; am assuming a zero but afraid when messing with registry

Thanks in advance

:)

ReCor1, Mar 22, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Mar 22, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Password Change on the Computer

Hello,

You may change your local user account password by following the steps below:

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then click
      Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Disable change password - ultra simple question

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Disable change password - ultra simple question

1. Disable change password - ultra simple question - Similar Threads - Disable change password

2. A simple question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A simple question: This is not related to my computer, but here's a quick question. Can Windows Defender still scan viruses even if the OS is something like a Windows 7? unsupported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-simple-question/3da19697-7034-4131-8361-d3faa23cc59c
  3. A simple question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A simple question: This is not related to my computer, but here's a quick question. Can Windows Defender still scan viruses even if the OS is something like a Windows 7? unsupported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-simple-question/3da19697-7034-4131-8361-d3faa23cc59c
  4. Simple Questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple Questions.: Hello. I'm pretty new to this and I have a couple of simple questions. What are the ways to install Windows 10 on a PC? The only way I know is using a USB drive with a copy of Windows 10 on it and installing it with that. What happens if you boot up a PC for the first...
  5. Quick and simple question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick and simple question: So guys, I've been using Windows 10 LTSC for like a year now and been perfectly fine, but now I have to downgrade to Pro edition. I've read that you cant downgrade to Pro without wiping all the data, but can I downgrade losslessly if I buy and change the product key to Pro...
  6. Simple questions, simple issues, no answers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple questions, simple issues, no answers: Hello. 1) Why all Microsoft troubleshooting utilities ends in errors? Nothing of built-in utilities never solved my problem. 2) Why do you shut down MS Store on W8.1 and it says, please try again later. Why it cannot say, Sorry, were closed forever? 3) Why is there such...
  7. so simple question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    so simple question: Can you use a ps4 controller for a game emulator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/so-simple-question/1df12f99-c8bd-4482-998b-4b1af1156ca6
  8. Yahoo Password Change Question

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Password Change Question: Hey all. Im having issues logging into my primary gmail account as i posted this in my other thread. The thing is i have my account and password but apparently google doesn't let me in my account because the recovery email address i type is incorrect. I dont know how this is...
  9. Changing Password Question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Password Question: Hello, Used the MS Media Creation Tool to get going again. But realize when I used it, and I believe it requested that you set up a Password (so many screens; am I right about this) I probably set it up with a Password that would not be good for other members of the...
  10. Simple DVI question?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Simple DVI question?: I have a Gigabyte 7870 graphics card. The specs read that I have a DVI-I (dual link). There is a cheap QHD Monitor I am shopping. The monitor specs read DVI-D only. Will my graphics card work? 28735