Windows 10: Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification

Discus and support Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, This question has been asked before but it doesn't appear to have been solved. I support users who somewhat inconsistently receive the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by James E. Edwards, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification

Hello,

This question has been asked before but it doesn't appear to have been solved. I support users who somewhat inconsistently receive the "Check Firewall Status" notification when their domain firewall is off. I wont go in to any extra details but I can promise that it does not need to be on and am hoping for a solution besides just turning it back on. Just for clarification so this isn't misinterpreted:

I am not looking for a way to turn the firewall on or off

I am not looking for a way to suppress firewall notifications about blocked connections and whatnot

I would prefer to not disable or hide the entire notification or action center.

Any help would be really appreciated thanks.

:)

James E. Edwards, Jan 8, 2020

2. How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

Windows 10 continually harasses me about the firewall, posting a "Check Firewall Status" notification multiple times per day, even though my firewall settings are controlled by a domain policy, they are fine and there is no problem, and
    I can't do a darned thing about the settings.

So far I have:

• Turned off "Security and Maintenance" notifications in the Settings -> Notifications & Actions panel.
    • Turned off "Messages about network firewall" in Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance.
    • Turned off "Messages about Internet security settings" in Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance.

I'm afraid I may be disabling important stuff I need, just in order to stop Action Center from constantly begging for my attention because of a useless, time-wasting notification. In fact today I took the sub-optimal step of hiding Action Center, because
    so far it has only ever shown worthless notifications. I hope there never is a real notification I should see...

Has anyone ever found one correct way to stop the "Check Firewall Status" notification? Failing that, is there a way to write a program to watch for and clear a notification, based on its message text, as soon as it arrives?

Charles_Jenkins, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop firewall and antivirus notification?!?!

Hi,

To disable the firewall notification, follow these steps:

• On the search tab, type
      Security and Maintenance.

• Choose
      Change Security and Maintenance settings.

• Uncheck
      the notifications that you don't want to pop-up.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification

Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?

The AV notifications have stopped for me but I had to do this..

Disable  "Check Firewall Status" Notification [​IMG]

These is nothing in my priority list but I'm sure one can add app's (it should really be the other way around where one can exclude apps rather.. (but then this is Windows developers we are talking about, no real logic . ... LOL)

Anyway nothing going to Action Centre.. could be that KAF 19 has a better integration with Windows... but not getting firewall toasts either.. ..... (?)

Superfly, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification

1. Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification - Similar Threads - Disable Check Firewall

2. Status: Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Status: Notification: --------------------------- Windows Script Host --------------------------- Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514 Name: WindowsR 7, Ultimate edition Description: Windows Operating System - WindowsR 7, OEM_SLP channel Activation ID:...
  3. Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled: Switching to Windwos 10 was smoother than expected, but still not smooth. I use a router firewall and ethernet connections only and don't want redundant filtering to get in the way of applications. There is no reason for me to have firewall set up by the OS. The system is...
  4. Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled: Switching to Windwos 10 was smoother than expected, but still not smooth. I use a router firewall and ethernet connections only and don't want redundant filtering to get in the way of applications. There is no reason for me to have firewall set up by the OS. The system is...
  5. Windows Firewall notifications can't be disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How to disable Firewall & Network Protection Notifications

How to disable Firewall & Network Protection Notifications: Hello, I would like to disable the windows 10 Firewall & Network Protection notification from asking me every few minutes to turn it back on. I have done many searches online and done everything that others have listed to fix this problem but after everything I can, it still...
  7. How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?: Windows 10 continually harasses me about the firewall, posting a "Check Firewall Status" notification multiple times per day, even though my firewall settings are controlled by a domain policy, they are fine and there is no problem, and I can't do a darned thing about the...
  8. Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?

Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?: I notice that after update to 1809 Windows resumed posting notifications about my Windows Firewall's being turned off. I tried several methods of disabling this notification found on the Net, including making changes under...
  9. Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?: I notice that after update to 1809 Windows resumed posting notifications about my Windows Firewall's being turned off. I tried several methods of disabling this notification found on the Net, including making changes under...
  10. Disabling Firewall in the Notification Center

Disabling Firewall in the Notification Center: Hi I have been searching through threads on how to do this, but the only solution that is mentioned is turning off the notification center as a whole via registry or GPO. Personally I would prefer GPO, but there doesn't seem a way to do it for something this specific....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turn off firewall notifications Windows 10 1903