Windows 10: Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

Discus and support Disable Chrome Dark Mode? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This fix no longer works in the latest version of Chrome. Is there another way of showing Chrome in ' normal' mode ? Windows 10 – Disable Google Chrome... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

Steve C, Aug 2, 2019
  2. Seifer23 Win User

Dark Mode

I was using dark mode before 1809, but with this update file explorer also has dark mode.

It there any option to disable dark mode on that specific program?

Seifer23, Aug 2, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

Disable Chrome Dark Mode? 2001472367.png

"Next time you’re staying up till three in the morning mindlessly watching YouTube videos, why not give your eyes a rest and turn the lights out? As discovered by youTube now has a dark mode built-in : google, YouTube now a secret dark mode that’s easy to activate. Here’s how you do it:

• Make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome (that’s version 57 onwards)
    • Open up the developer window by hitting Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac
    • Select the “console” tab
    • Paste in the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter
    • Close the developer window, refresh your browser, and the dark mode toggle is available in the main settings menu in the top right."
    "This feature hasn’t yet been officially announced, but it’s part of a number of changes YouTube is testing for the website’s design."

Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

P4-630, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

1. Disable Chrome Dark Mode? - Similar Threads - Disable Chrome Dark

2. Disable dark mode in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Disable dark mode in Windows Search: Microsoft recently updated windows 10 search to have a dark mode. However I prefer light mode search. I have dark mode enabled only for system and not for apps. When I disable dark mode completely I get light mode search back but I do not want to do that.Up until now,...
  3. Disable dark mode in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable dark mode in Windows Search: Microsoft recently updated windows 10 search to have a dark mode. However I prefer light mode search. I have dark mode enabled only for system and not for apps. When I disable dark mode completely I get light mode search back but I do not want to do that.Up until now,...
  4. Disable dark mode in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  6. Chrome is stuck on dark mode

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome is stuck on dark mode: I had to reinstall Windows today on my laptop, I also reinstalled Chrome and it is stuck in dark mode. There is no setting under Appearance to change it and even the flag chrome://flags and dark mode did not help. I would appreciate if anyone has any help on this.I am on...
  7. Error about dark mode Chrome

Error about dark mode Chrome: Help, I can't change the properties theme to dark mode like other windows. [IMG] * Moved from Community Participation Center * Chrome added to title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-about-dark-mode-chrome/8b1bd83f-1fc1-46b0-8410-a9d651fd3ad4
  8. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  9. Can't disable Dark Mode

Can't disable Dark Mode: several months ago, I enabled Dark Mode. Then I began to experience problems with certain applications. Please note the attached jpg. Regedit tells me it is disabled. Now, notice that I used photoshop to make this and that its menu bar has blacked out squares. Before I...
  10. How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings: Google last month started updating the Chrome browser on Windows 10 with the highly anticipated dark mode feature. When you turn on system-wide dark mode in Settings, Google’s browser respects that command and automatically switches to dark mode. However, not many users are...