Windows 10: Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray

Discus and support Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi community, does anyone know how I can disable users from being able to click to expand the time/date icon to prevent them showing the full calendar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rashed Huq, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray

Hi community, does anyone know how I can disable users from being able to click to expand the time/date icon to prevent them showing the full calendar with agenda and add events options? I have turned off app access to the calendar but clicking it still shows those options. I need this for a public use PC image where we want the time and date visible in the system tray but we don't want the users to be able to do anything else with the calendar. We're using build 1809. Thanks to anyone who can help.

:)

Rashed Huq, Dec 11, 2019

2. Missing Date and Time, volume and Battery Icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Right click on the task bar and you will get a popup menu.
    • Click on properties.
    • Under behavior of system icons select ON for volume icon, Date and Time icon and Battery icon to always show.
    • Click OK.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 11, 2019
  3. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray

System Tray Icons Don't Stay in Tray and Instead Keep Moving Up Into "Off Icons"

I tried this suggestion to keep the tray icons I want in my tray THERE

instead of moving up into the icons box at the system tray arrow.

I tried these instructions listed on this site in answer to the same question:

1. click Start.

2. Type Customize icons.

3. click Customize icons on the task bar.

4. Click Turn system icons on or off.

5. Set the icons that you want to On.

6. Click ok.

That works, but not for long.

Then the problem repeats.

I'd like a solution that keeps the icons I select IN THE TRAY till I change them,

even if I power on or off.

The solution seems like it should be simple, but it's not.

To save you time helping me:

I've researched the other threads, and I will not change the Registry,

or create a new account, or do another
    System File Checker (SFC),

or try the solutions listed in those other threads that did not result in a solution,

so please do not propose those.

Do you have an idea that might work? Would love to hear.

Windows 10, updated.

MariaLorraine, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray

1. Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray - Similar Threads - Disable clicking Date

2. Show time and date in the System tray is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show time and date in the System tray is greyed out: Hello!"Show time and date in the System tray" is greyed out after latest updates, Time clock in tray is just dissapeared firstly, and after I looked at this option in "Settings" and I'm not able to do anything with that.Default options like: sfc /scannow, dism.exe not helped....
  3. Show time and date in the System tray is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show time and date in the System tray is greyed out: Hello!"Show time and date in the System tray" is greyed out after latest updates, Time clock in tray is just dissapeared firstly, and after I looked at this option in "Settings" and I'm not able to do anything with that.Default options like: sfc /scannow, dism.exe not helped....
  4. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  5. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  6. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. how to disable microphone icon in system tray

how to disable microphone icon in system tray: but just the icon, no i dont want to HIDE it, or disable my mic, i want it not to appear, useless icon i dont want or need. i know the reson it was made, but for the people it was made for WONT SEE IT! and onoly the people wasnt made for will, so thanks <irrelevant content...
  8. Action Center, Network, Sound icons, and Date/Time in system tray unresponsive to...

Action Center, Network, Sound icons, and Date/Time in system tray unresponsive to...: Hi, The subject line pretty much explains the issue. When I left-click on any of the icons mentioned, nothing happens, meaning I can't use any of the interfaces connected with these because they don't open. Just to clarify, none of these are missing, and they behave...
  9. How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping"

How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping": For a while now, the icons in my system tray (bottom right corner of the screen next to where date & time is displayed) have been "jumping". This makes it difficult to click on an icon such as power, sound, or network. As far as I can tell, this glitch occurs every time I'm...
  10. Change size of time and icons of system tray?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of time and icons of system tray?: So Windows 10 did some kind of update and now its got a different feel to it. One thing that changed with the update was the size of text and icons in the system tray. Now they are very large and the time doesn't even fit. Where it should say PM the right side of the M is cut...