Windows 10: Disable Command prompt

Discus and support Disable Command prompt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi there! I am using windows 10 home 2004 where i have created a local user non admin account for my child so that he won't be able to install steam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VaibhavMishra3, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Disable Command prompt

hi there!

I am using windows 10 home 2004 where i have created a local user non admin account for my child so that he won't be able to install steam and epic but to my surprise i was steam installed in his account and found that admin rights can easily be bypassed by running a script popularly known as portable installer having command lines "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvokerstart SteamSetup" on youtube so I thought of disabling cmd by using gpedit.msc manually installed since home version doesn't come with it and also by setting value of DisableCMD 1 or 2 in registry key but again to my surprise i found that it is working only on my primary admin user account and not on local users....I even tried using local group policy for non administrators and it also didn't worked so please help me out!!!!

:)

VaibhavMishra3, Oct 4, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Oct 4, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

Disable Command prompt

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Disable Command prompt

1. Disable Command prompt - Similar Threads - Disable Command prompt

2. Disable Enhanced Search from command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Enhanced Search from command prompt: Hello,I am on Windows 11, and lately, I have tried to turn on the enhanced search.Unfortunately, I believe that it completely "broke" my Windows. Indeed, it is impossible to navigate in file explorer hangs then crash, same for widgets, and impossible to go directly into the...
  3. Disable Enhanced Search from command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Enhanced Search from command prompt: Hello,I am on Windows 11, and lately, I have tried to turn on the enhanced search.Unfortunately, I believe that it completely "broke" my Windows. Indeed, it is impossible to navigate in file explorer hangs then crash, same for widgets, and impossible to go directly into the...
  4. Disable GPU in command prompt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable GPU in command prompt: I use Windows 10 pro , version 10.019041.1My laptop Dell precision m7510 update my AMD firepro w5170m , then it show anther AMD card name , & the screen freezNow I am in blue screen, with code " critical process " , I try all troubleshoots , reset or reinstall or restore...
  5. command prompt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    command prompt: when another application tries to open command prompt it closes. I thought that it was the autorun virus but when i open it from start menu it doesnt close plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/e1498e45-5ac9-45ca-8a5f-6c624895c5a4
  6. Command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt: It seems that I have to renew my command prompt almost monthly by use of the "bootsect /nt60 sys" command. Why is this happening ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/6ca7646e-66a4-45cf-ab84-781950936dee
  7. Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt: On my PC cmd not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/1997eabc-1c65-4dd5-a223-03a83f66ccf6
  8. command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    command prompt: hi, Is the 64 bit operating system, alright to run on the 32 bit administrator command prompt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/0202ade4-c9cf-4456-80b3-5ee9a53dd104
  9. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240