Windows 10: Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This is a small thing they added in Windows 10, but it's really annoying me. I like to use Win + Down arrow to minimise windows, but if you've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adybo123, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Adybo123 Win User

Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

Hi,
    This is a small thing they added in Windows 10, but it's really annoying me. I like to use Win + Down arrow to minimise windows, but if you've already hit Win + Left or Right, Aero snapping to the side, Win + Down will snap the window to the corner instead of minimising. As I said, it's a tiny addition, but really bugging me. Is there any way (perhaps through group policy) to disable these snapping shortcuts and just use Win + Up/Down for minimise and maximise, regardless of whether the window is snapped or not?

Thanks,
    Adam

:)

Adybo123, Jan 6, 2018
  2. Vesanius Win User

Neep Help to Disable Aero Snap Between Monitors Only on Windows 10

I know the shortcuts and I am using them constantly. But if I turn off the AeroSnap it also disables the keyboard shortcuts and if I keep it enabled then every window gets stuck when trying to move them from one monitor to another. So let us disable the
    snapping while keeping the keyboard shortcuts enabled. You did improve the snapping though as now it doesn't snap so fast and you can actually move windows between the monitors, but I would still prefer if the drag-and-snap could be disabled completely without
    disabling the keyboard shortcuts.

Vesanius, Jan 6, 2018
  3. Digijan Win User
    Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, Jan 6, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Try redefining your shortcut keys using Autohotkey (free). Something similar worked for another user- different function.

I'd suggest considering allocating Win key Up/Down to Autohotkey's WinMaximize, WinMinimize com,ands.

Its help is excellent, good user forum.

Example extracts from the help file provided:

Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 6, 2018
  5. Adybo123 Win User
    Thank you!
    The following script disables Win + Left and Win + Right.
    Code: #Left::return #Right::return[/quote] This disables Win Left and Right as well as forcing Win Up and Win Down to maximise/minimise, meaning that you can use Win + Down to minimise a window which is already maximised (something you can't do in Windows by default).
    Code: #Left::return #Right::return #Up:: WinMaximize, A return #Down:: WinMinimize, A return[/quote] Thanks,
    Adam

Adybo123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable corner snapping

2. Disable keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable keyboard shortcut: Hi, I rely on the Accessibility / Ease of Access functions, one of which is the mouse pointer location using the expanding concentric circles. In Windows 8.1 this was operated with the Ctrl key. However, under Windows 11 the Ctrl keyboard shortcut also brings up the Start...
  3. Disable keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable keyboard shortcut: Hi, I rely on the Accessibility / Ease of Access functions, one of which is the mouse pointer location using the expanding concentric circles. In Windows 8.1 this was operated with the Ctrl key. However, under Windows 11 the Ctrl keyboard shortcut also brings up the Start...
  4. Disabling Snap also disables shortcut to move windows between monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Snap also disables shortcut to move windows between monitors: After switching my second monitor to one that exactly matched my primary in resolution and pixel size, I had a lot of trouble dragging windows between monitors on Windows 10. At any reasonable speed, as my cursor hit the boundary between the two monitors, Windows wanted to...
  5. Snap a window into a corner?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap a window into a corner?: [ATTACH] i wanted to ask if it is possible to snap a window onto a corner instead on the side. i would like it to take at least 1/4 of the screen than having it taking up 1/2. Its that i also want to surf the web while looking at my friends stream at the same time but...
  6. Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap: I have been trying to find a solution to this but have come up with nothing. I am having trouble with resizing windows with the mouse, where it automatically either maximises or snaps to one side when it is not my intention. I want to disable this, but the two options I...
  7. Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut)

Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut): I have the Windows 10, version 1903 with the latest update installed (October 24, 2019—KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449), at the time of writing). I have had this issue related to the 'Snap windows' feature for a while: Under Settings > System > Multitasking, I have enabled...
  8. Disable Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts

Disable Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts: I want to turn off all Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts. Following others' suggestions, I right-clicked on the Desktop and followed the menu through graphics options to hotkeys and chose "Disable". However this hasn't helped. At least some remain. One example among many:...
  9. keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist

keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist: I am unable to snap on my windows 10 machine via the keyboard shortcut (windows key + arrow of the diection of snap) because everytime I hit the windows button it opens the start menu. How do I access all the keyboard shortcuts that start with the windows key if it always...
  10. Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working: Hi, So suddenly today while rearranging windows, snapping stopped working. I'm unable to snap windows using the Win + Left/Right/Up/Down. Moving the windows with the mouse still works, but not with the keyboard hotkeys. As you can imagine this is incredibly inconvenient...