Windows 10: Disable creating local accounts

Discus and support Disable creating local accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MyNameIsNotJohn, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Disable creating local accounts

I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC. Alternatively, I would be interested in a way to choose which applications are active and running by default to any new accounts so that these applications will always be active on my PC across any account. I have already tried disabling local access with security policy but this only prevents other users from making acc

:)

MyNameIsNotJohn, Mar 5, 2024

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 5, 2024
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Disable creating local accounts 110153d1485973971t-creating-ms-account-without-losing-local-account-image.png

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Mar 5, 2024
  4. Disable creating local accounts

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Disable creating local accounts :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Mar 5, 2024
Thema:

Disable creating local accounts

1. Disable creating local accounts - Similar Threads - Disable creating local

2. Creating a Local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a Local admin account: I have a personal laptop that I got new mid way through school and during setting up that laptop I used my school's email for the Microsoft account.I am graduating soon and that email will be deactivated. How do I disconnect my school account and setup a new admin account...
  3. Creating a Local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a Local admin account: I have a personal laptop that I got new mid way through school and during setting up that laptop I used my school's email for the Microsoft account.I am graduating soon and that email will be deactivated. How do I disconnect my school account and setup a new admin account...
  4. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  5. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  6. Creating a duplicate local account

Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  7. Problems creating local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems creating local account: Hi everyone My Colleague has a new Dell laptop and it windows 10 professional but his unable to create a local account Creates the account either through add new user or manage adding username password etc but when he logs out and back in he cannot see the new user when...
  8. LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED

LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED: Hello, There is a third account Which I can assure you i never made named "Administrator" and it is the local admin, so it has full control over my computer, not me. There are many things that do not work because of this. This "new" administrator has also changed the...
  9. Hide/disable local account

Hide/disable local account: When I boot up my machine, I am prompted with a failed login attempt to what I think is a local account, as pictured below: [IMG] After clicking "OK", or waiting about 5-10 minutes, this will disappear, leaving me with the screen below: [IMG] At this point, I can tap...
  10. Is Cortana disabled with a local account?

Is Cortana disabled with a local account?: I think that this has been asked before, but I still can't find an answer. I would prefer to use a local account, but unless I use my Microsoft account I can't get Cortana to run. Is this right? 23455