Windows 10: Disable CSM

Discus and support Disable CSM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to disable CSM on my B450m Pro4 but if i turn it off my screen will go black until i clear the CMOS ( for my hackintosh). I had windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ElSueno09, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Disable CSM

Hi, I am trying to disable CSM on my B450m Pro4 but if i turn it off my screen will go black until i clear the CMOS ( for my hackintosh). I had windows installed with bios UEFI mode (not legacy) and ssd formatted as GPT. Tried some random fix i found online and windows became unusable and had to wipe the ssd. With the ssd wiped I still encounter the same problem after disabling CSM.

My gpu is a RX 580 8Gb nitro, R7 1700x, bios version 3.50

submitted by /u/ElSueno09
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ElSueno09, Oct 20, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Launch csm is disabled

Hi NC_804

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

Have you booted into BIOS and you are seeing Launch CSM is Disabled, if you are working in BIOS, can you please explain what you are trying to do . ..

Or are you seeing Launch CSM is disabled somewhere else?

DaveM121, Oct 20, 2020
  3. NC_804 Win User
    Launch csm is disabled

What do I do if the launch CSM is disabled? I can’t even get to it.

NC_804, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Disable CSM

Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• When you say, “I am stuck on Aptio setup utility” are you able to boot the computer to Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Boot your computer up and wait for it to boot into the Aptio Setup Utility.
    2. Once in the Aptio Setup Utility, navigate to the
      Security
    3. Expand the Secure Boot menu
      section and disable Secure Boot.
    4. Navigate to the Save & Exit
      tab, save your changes, exit the Aptio Setup Utility,
      restart your computer and wait for it to boot into the utility once again.
    5. Navigate to the Boot

6. Disable Secure Boot and Fast Boot
    7. Enable CSM (Compatibility Support Module).
    8. Navigate to the Save & Exit
      tab, save your changes, exit
    BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Disable CSM

1. Disable CSM - Similar Threads - Disable CSM

2. how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support: im 10 hours into this issue please helpin order to disable secure boot i need to disable csm support and restart my bios however the csm support re enables upon rebooting my computer after save and exit in bios. this issue started after upgrading my ssd for larger storage and...
  3. how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support: im 10 hours into this issue please helpin order to disable secure boot i need to disable csm support and restart my bios however the csm support re enables upon rebooting my computer after save and exit in bios. this issue started after upgrading my ssd for larger storage and...
  4. Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...: I need to enable secure boot to play valorant. I didn't have secure boot enabled when I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. I Upgraded from Windows Update and now I need to enable secure boot but I have to disable csm support and I'm scared my PC won't boot up after....
  5. Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...

Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...: I need to enable secure boot to play valorant. I didn't have secure boot enabled when I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. I Upgraded from Windows Update and now I need to enable secure boot but I have to disable csm support and I'm scared my PC won't boot up after....
  6. Windows not responsive after disabling CSM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not responsive after disabling CSM: I bought a used GPU, RX 6600. After watching lots of PC related videos, they always said to turn rebar ON. But after i turn on Above 4G Decoding and then Rebar, my PC become unresponsive. It was able to boot and login into windows but when i tried to launch any app, it won't...
  7. Windows not responsive after disabling CSM

Windows not responsive after disabling CSM: I bought a used GPU, RX 6600. After watching lots of PC related videos, they always said to turn rebar ON. But after i turn on Above 4G Decoding and then Rebar, my PC become unresponsive. It was able to boot and login into windows but when i tried to launch any app, it won't...
  8. Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP

Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP: Hi. I’ve had a nightmare with my PC the past month where I’ve had to reinstall windows 3 times in the past 25 days!It all began when I came back from holiday and my PC was unplugged for a month. Keep in mind this was in full working order for over a year. When I come home I...
  9. Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP: Hi. I’ve had a nightmare with my PC the past month where I’ve had to reinstall windows 3 times in the past 25 days!It all began when I came back from holiday and my PC was unplugged for a month. Keep in mind this was in full working order for over a year. When I come home I...
  10. Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade