Windows 10: Disable CSM?

Discus and support Disable CSM? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I recently disabled CSM in my bios and formatted my pc. Ive only tested kingdom come deliverance but be for I was getting 45fps to 30fps on ultra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skipper847, May 13, 2018.

1. Disable CSM?

Hi. I recently disabled CSM in my bios and formatted my pc. Ive only tested kingdom come deliverance but be for I was getting 45fps to 30fps on ultra and constant judder on all graphic options. I was using in game FPS counter as I didn't want any thing like MSI after burner on. Now with CSM disabled and a UEFI install I'm getting constant FPS at 60hz on ultra at 1080p. I do have a 1440p 144hz monitor but that broke at the moment and just sent of a ticket to dell for warranty fix. Any way is actually safe to turn off CSM as I heard that disk drives etc may not work but ive tested everything and everything working fine. Only thing not showing up in bios is my HDD as ive got windows on SSD but HDD is working. It wont over heat or anything because CSM disabled?.

Thanks.

:)

skipper847, May 13, 2018

2. Disable button is greyed out when I try to disable a Startup program in task manager

That means that the program is defined under the "All Users" or "Local Machine" level of the registry (or equivalent all-user setting that can only be changed by an administrator). It's disabled from modifying because making a change would impact more than
    just you (it would impact all other users) and one user isn't allowed to modify someone else's settings, thus, you won't be able to modify these unless you are logged in as an administrator-level user and Task
    Manager is running in elevated security context. Or, you could ignore task scheduler and go disable the item at its real source (in the registry, Startup folder, etc.).

If you are having trouble find how to disable the item, try right-clicking on the column headers at the top to reveal more properties of each item in the list.

And if you still can't find it, just post back and I/we/someone will help out.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 13, 2018
  3. timmarek Win User
    Disable button is greyed out when I try to disable a Startup program in task manager

Disable button is greyed out when I try to disable a Startup program in task manager

timmarek, May 13, 2018
Thema:

Disable CSM?

1. Disable CSM? - Similar Threads - Disable CSM

2. disable bing

in Windows 10 Support
    disable bing: whats all ways to disable bing in the search (bottom right hand corner) 183099
  3. How do I disable the system lock on the Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable the system lock on the Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard?: I purchased this keyboard and mouse combo https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/microsoft-bluetooth-desktop/91d3f2v2k20r?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab and I need to disable the poorly placed User Lock button as I keep hitting it when I try to press the backspace key.I installed...
  4. Can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS, can't disable CSM in Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS, can't disable CSM in Boot: I have just finished installing everything on my new system and realized that I can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS. Every time I enable it, it reverts to disabled. I'm using an NVM.e m.2 SSD (SK Hynix P31 Gold 1TB). Everything was set to UEFI during the installation...
  5. Disable CSM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable CSM: Hi, I am trying to disable CSM on my B450m Pro4 but if i turn it off my screen will go black until i clear the CMOS ( for my hackintosh). I had windows installed with bios UEFI mode (not legacy) and ssd formatted as GPT. Tried some random fix i found online and windows became...
  6. Launch csm is disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Launch csm is disabled: What do I do if the launch CSM is disabled? I can’t even get to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-csm-is-disabled/ec2addaf-d4d3-47a1-b91f-acf0583137ed
  7. Windows Networking Disabled After Disabling CSM Support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Networking Disabled After Disabling CSM Support: Hello! I’m having a tough time here after disabling CSM support in my BIOS. Upon loading Windows now, my Ethernet adapter is completely missing from Network & Internet Settings, and in Device Manager, is labeled with a warning sign. In the Device Status box inside the...
  8. Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled: I am stuck on Aptio setup utility and launch csm disabled * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Stuck on patio setup and launch csm disabled * OS assumed to be Win 10...
  9. Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows: Not sure if this is a BIOS bug or I'm just messing with something I shouldn't. To my understanding, CSM support is for old OS's. I wanted to disable it to enable Secure Boot, but it seems when I disable CSM support in my BIOS it just boots back into the BIOS when I save the...
  10. the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?: like the title said, how do i enable CSM? iam poised to try booting from flash drive that contains the linux ISO thingy. i wish to try it, out of curiousity*Shock 87998