Windows 10: Disable CSM?

Discus and support Disable CSM? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I recently disabled CSM in my bios and formatted my pc. Ive only tested kingdom come deliverance but be for I was getting 45fps to 30fps on ultra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skipper847, May 13, 2018.

1. Disable CSM?

Hi. I recently disabled CSM in my bios and formatted my pc. Ive only tested kingdom come deliverance but be for I was getting 45fps to 30fps on ultra and constant judder on all graphic options. I was using in game FPS counter as I didn't want any thing like MSI after burner on. Now with CSM disabled and a UEFI install I'm getting constant FPS at 60hz on ultra at 1080p. I do have a 1440p 144hz monitor but that broke at the moment and just sent of a ticket to dell for warranty fix. Any way is actually safe to turn off CSM as I heard that disk drives etc may not work but ive tested everything and everything working fine. Only thing not showing up in bios is my HDD as ive got windows on SSD but HDD is working. It wont over heat or anything because CSM disabled?.

Thanks.

:)

skipper847, May 13, 2018

2. Disable button is greyed out when I try to disable a Startup program in task manager

That means that the program is defined under the "All Users" or "Local Machine" level of the registry (or equivalent all-user setting that can only be changed by an administrator). It's disabled from modifying because making a change would impact more than
    just you (it would impact all other users) and one user isn't allowed to modify someone else's settings, thus, you won't be able to modify these unless you are logged in as an administrator-level user and Task
    Manager is running in elevated security context. Or, you could ignore task scheduler and go disable the item at its real source (in the registry, Startup folder, etc.).

If you are having trouble find how to disable the item, try right-clicking on the column headers at the top to reveal more properties of each item in the list.

And if you still can't find it, just post back and I/we/someone will help out.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 13, 2018
  3. timmarek Win User
    Disable button is greyed out when I try to disable a Startup program in task manager

Disable button is greyed out when I try to disable a Startup program in task manager

timmarek, May 13, 2018
Thema:

Disable CSM?

1. Disable CSM? - Similar Threads - Disable CSM

2. how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support: im 10 hours into this issue please helpin order to disable secure boot i need to disable csm support and restart my bios however the csm support re enables upon rebooting my computer after save and exit in bios. this issue started after upgrading my ssd for larger storage and...
  3. how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support: im 10 hours into this issue please helpin order to disable secure boot i need to disable csm support and restart my bios however the csm support re enables upon rebooting my computer after save and exit in bios. this issue started after upgrading my ssd for larger storage and...
  4. Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...: I need to enable secure boot to play valorant. I didn't have secure boot enabled when I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. I Upgraded from Windows Update and now I need to enable secure boot but I have to disable csm support and I'm scared my PC won't boot up after....
  5. Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...

Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...: I need to enable secure boot to play valorant. I didn't have secure boot enabled when I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. I Upgraded from Windows Update and now I need to enable secure boot but I have to disable csm support and I'm scared my PC won't boot up after....
  6. Windows not responsive after disabling CSM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not responsive after disabling CSM: I bought a used GPU, RX 6600. After watching lots of PC related videos, they always said to turn rebar ON. But after i turn on Above 4G Decoding and then Rebar, my PC become unresponsive. It was able to boot and login into windows but when i tried to launch any app, it won't...
  7. Windows not responsive after disabling CSM

Windows not responsive after disabling CSM: I bought a used GPU, RX 6600. After watching lots of PC related videos, they always said to turn rebar ON. But after i turn on Above 4G Decoding and then Rebar, my PC become unresponsive. It was able to boot and login into windows but when i tried to launch any app, it won't...
  8. Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP

Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP: Hi. I’ve had a nightmare with my PC the past month where I’ve had to reinstall windows 3 times in the past 25 days!It all began when I came back from holiday and my PC was unplugged for a month. Keep in mind this was in full working order for over a year. When I come home I...
  9. Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP: Hi. I’ve had a nightmare with my PC the past month where I’ve had to reinstall windows 3 times in the past 25 days!It all began when I came back from holiday and my PC was unplugged for a month. Keep in mind this was in full working order for over a year. When I come home I...
  10. Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade