Windows 10: Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer

Discus and support Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I want to disable the keyboard+mouse shortcut that changes the folder layout when you accidentally scroll when clicking ctrl at the same time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by superdonpan, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer

Hey,

I want to disable the keyboard+mouse shortcut that changes the folder layout when you accidentally scroll when clicking ctrl at the same time. It's super annoying that the folder layout jumps around and changes when selecting/de-selecting multiple files. Tried searching high and wide for an answer for this but with no joy.

I usually use the Detailed list view in my folders. Say I want to move a batch of files, but not all of them, from one folder to another. I would then ctrl+a to select all files then scroll through the list and mouse click + ctrl to deselect the ones I don't want to move. Once happy with the selection I move the files to the new folder.

Problem is if my scroll wheel hasn't fully stopped when clicking ctrl to deselect a file the folder layout will change. Which is a very common case for me.

So disabling this shortcut would end a lot of headache for me.

Thanks in advance!

:)

superdonpan, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

File Explorer List and Details buttons

Not sure but, if you press and hold Ctrl then scroll up or down one mouse wheel notch, you'll go back and forth between List and Details view.

*Arrow Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Edwin, Jun 16, 2020
  3. AnnaHead Win User
    file explorer view options

I realised that recent windows updates had not been installed. Now windows is up to date the problem has gone away except for icloud photos where it still persists. The view layout box where the layout options are displayed is blank and ctrl scroll is ineffective

AnnaHead, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer

Continuous Scroll in file explorer?

I guess infinite scroll may have been the correct wording but i would to open file explorer and be able to scroll down to end of the list of files in that folder. Right now when they reach the bottom of the folder(without any down scrolling)they just make another
    collum and so on. I am using an HP Notebook G60-447CL with windows 10. I am not really trying to change anything accept this feature that being said if something has to be changed in order for me to obtain this feature then that is no problem.

artislee3456, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer

1. Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer - Similar Threads - Disable ctrl+scroll layout

2. Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer: Hi,How do I disable Ctrl+N on Windows file explorer. This is for a kiosk user should not be able to browse through File explorer.RegardsNaveen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ctrln-on-file-explorer/a4715290-b252-4858-abdc-918358d72879
  3. Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer: Hi,How do I disable Ctrl+N on Windows file explorer. This is for a kiosk user should not be able to browse through File explorer.RegardsNaveen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ctrln-on-file-explorer/a4715290-b252-4858-abdc-918358d72879
  4. Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10: I am looking to disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10 for a particular user ? can someone tell me how can we achieve this....
  6. disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10: I am looking to disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10 for a particular user ? can someone tell me how can we achieve this....
  7. New file explorer layout

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New file explorer layout: I don't know why but now my file explorer is weirdly laid out. I put it to default and now it's like this I didn't know windows had changed the default look but I liked the old one better. Also my drive folder which is the Acer C: folder has disappeared is there any reason...
  8. Ctrl+Shift+1 changed to Ctrl+Alt+1 in Windows explorer to change view layout

Ctrl+Shift+1 changed to Ctrl+Alt+1 in Windows explorer to change view layout: I commonly use Ctrl+Shift+1 or 2 or 3 etc to change the windows explorer view layout. Recently, I discovered that the keyboard shortcut no longer worked, and after some experimentation, you have to press Alt instead of Shift now. I don't know why this occurred. I am using a...
  9. Layout Of File Explorer

Layout Of File Explorer: I have just converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In W7 I had File Explorer laid out with two panes. On the left were frequently used files, on the right currently actives files and folders. This was really convenient. When I first started to use FE in Windows 10, this...
  10. scrolling in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    scrolling in File Explorer: My background is 3840 by 1080. I have 55 pictures in a Dropbox account of that size. When I click on one of the last ones, to make it background, or just to look at it... the scroll bar on the right goes right back up to the top. Windows 8 and 8.1 did the same. It is so...