Windows 10: Disable ctrl-shift-W

Discus and support Disable ctrl-shift-W in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way I can delete the ctrl-shift-W shortcut? I'm typing a large document on google drive and I use ctrl-shift-E to centre text quite often.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [Frustrated123], Feb 25, 2020.

1. Disable ctrl-shift-W

Is there any way I can delete the ctrl-shift-W shortcut? I'm typing a large document on google drive and I use ctrl-shift-E to centre text quite often. However, the E and W key are right next to each other, so I end up closing the window usually several times a day. It's really frustrating.

:)

[Frustrated123], Feb 25, 2020
  2. wrecche Win User

Windows 10 KB4467682 changes, ctrl+shift+e ?

Hi Muralidhar,

I performed the steps as you provided, and the option was already set to off. Toggling it to ensure the setting has stuck, did not resolve the problem. HotKeyList still shows

Ctrl+Shift+E

Ctrl+Shift+Q

Ctrl+Shift+W

as new;y added hotkeys that seemingly serve no purpose other than to take control over those combinations. Only Ctrl+Shift+E is what I am concerned about.

I wish there was a way to determine exactly what application or service had the need for these keys.

Thanks again, but so far no luck.

wrecche, Feb 25, 2020
  3. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

franklekens, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Disable ctrl-shift-W

How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please help us with the details requested below:

• Have you assigned the “Ctrl + Shift” shortcut for any application?

Ideally, the shortcut Ctrl + Shift is used to switch the keyboard layout when multiple keyboard layouts are available. If you have assigned the shortcut for a keyboard layout, you may try changing it by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices and select
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select Advanced keyboard settings.
    4. Click on Input language hot keys.
    5. Select the layout for which you have assigned the shortcut and click on
      Change Key Sequence.
    6. Under Switch Keyboard Layout, select
      Not assigned.
    7. Click on OK (Twice).

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Disable ctrl-shift-W

1. Disable ctrl-shift-W - Similar Threads - Disable ctrl shift

2. `ctrl+shift+w` in browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    `ctrl+shift+w` in browser: Many times, I accidentally press `ctrl+shift+w` in browser and all my open tabs and work goes away in the browser. Is there any undo option for this ? if not then how can I disable this shortcut ?...
  3. `ctrl+shift+w` in browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    `ctrl+shift+w` in browser: Many times, I accidentally press `ctrl+shift+w` in browser and all my open tabs and work goes away in the browser. Is there any undo option for this ? if not then how can I disable this shortcut ?...
  4. How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?: I want to disable this **** **** feature. Because of this piece of **** feature, I have lost important files many many times, so fu..ck you the person that added this feature, fu..ck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for adding such a feature.If there is a solutions, please let me know....
  5. How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?: I want to disable this **** **** feature. Because of this piece of **** feature, I have lost important files many many times, so fu..ck you the person that added this feature, fu..ck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for adding such a feature.If there is a solutions, please let me know....
  6. How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to disable Control+Shift+W on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Control+Shift+W on Windows 10: Basically title.I want to disable this hotkey on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-controlshiftw-on-windows-10/d05a7459-6e63-4935-a94b-36e26c740a96
  8. How to disable Control+Shift+W on Windows 10

How to disable Control+Shift+W on Windows 10: Basically title.I want to disable this hotkey on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-controlshiftw-on-windows-10/d05a7459-6e63-4935-a94b-36e26c740a96
  9. How to disable control+shift+w shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable control+shift+w shortcut?: I often have many tabs open (as I'm sure you do too), and I often use control+w to close my current tab. Every once in a while I'll accidentally also press shift, which closes ALL my tabs. This is frustrating. Is there any way to disable this particular shortcut? Windows 10...
  10. Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift

Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift: Like ive been 2 hours searching for the answer, cause this shortcut is very big problem to me, whenever I play games, I need to lets say crouch and run at the same time and that changes my language and i cant switch items (1,2,3,4,5...), I cant delete my second language, i...