Windows 10: Disable Dark Mode For Windows Explorer Only?

Discus and support Disable Dark Mode For Windows Explorer Only? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there anyway to disable dark mode exclusively for the file explorer? I find most of the windows 10 UI unusable in light mode except for the explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/infinitedodge, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Disable Dark Mode For Windows Explorer Only?

Is there anyway to disable dark mode exclusively for the file explorer? I find most of the windows 10 UI unusable in light mode except for the explorer which I find very hard to parse in dark mode. Is there a way to disable dark mode exlusively in the file explorer?

submitted by /u/infinitedodge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/infinitedodge, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Seifer23 Win User

Dark Mode

I was using dark mode before 1809, but with this update file explorer also has dark mode.

It there any option to disable dark mode on that specific program?

Seifer23, Nov 18, 2019
  3. jonesH Win User
    File explorer in dark theme gone!

There was an option for choosing dark mode. I followed both suggestion above to the letter. But it did not fix the problem. Only Explorer is white. Which was the behavior before 1809.

jonesH, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Disable Dark Mode For Windows Explorer Only?

File Explorer Dark Mode

Hi AlvinMorris2,

The Dark mode will change some of your device settings and default apps theme color to black. Thus, leaving some settings on its original color and appearance. I personally set my desktop color to Dark Mode and it also did not change the
    File Explorer to black. See image below:

Disable Dark Mode For Windows Explorer Only? c631e1a1-9bc8-4dba-8882-3e3aa67815b4?upload=true.png

If you want this feature to be included on the upcoming updates, I suggest that you post or upvote this concern in our Windows Feedback hub. Your suggestions will help improve the Windows operating system.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    5. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    7. Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    8. Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    9. Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      Storefronts Tools link>).

Regards.

Monica Cam, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Disable Dark Mode For Windows Explorer Only?

1. Disable Dark Mode For Windows Explorer Only? - Similar Threads - Disable Dark Mode

2. Disable dark mode in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Disable dark mode in Windows Search: Microsoft recently updated windows 10 search to have a dark mode. However I prefer light mode search. I have dark mode enabled only for system and not for apps. When I disable dark mode completely I get light mode search back but I do not want to do that.Up until now,...
  3. Disable dark mode in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable dark mode in Windows Search: Microsoft recently updated windows 10 search to have a dark mode. However I prefer light mode search. I have dark mode enabled only for system and not for apps. When I disable dark mode completely I get light mode search back but I do not want to do that.Up until now,...
  4. Disable dark mode in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dark Mode but File Explorer only light?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode but File Explorer only light?: Hello. Is it possible to have dark mode on your PC but have File Explorer light? I have seen a reddit post about the same topic but it seems outdated. It was posted 2 years ago. Maybe even a non-windows solution would be nice, like a mod or something. Thank You!...
  6. Can't disable Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable Dark Mode: several months ago, I enabled Dark Mode. Then I began to experience problems with certain applications. Please note the attached jpg. Regedit tells me it is disabled. Now, notice that I used photoshop to make this and that its menu bar has blacked out squares. Before I...
  7. Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?: Hi, is it possible to change only File Explorer in Windows 10 to dark mode? It is possible to change the "default app mode" however this changes a number of apps throughout installed on the machine...
  8. Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Chrome Dark Mode?: This fix no longer works in the latest version of Chrome. Is there another way of showing Chrome in ' normal' mode ? Windows 10 – Disable Google Chrome DARK MODE – takujingi 137758
  9. How do i disable dark mode only in file explorer

How do i disable dark mode only in file explorer: I am on win10 pro 64bit and i want to disable the dark mode only in the file exlplorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-dark-mode-only-in-file-explorer/59b3cf14-a882-4307-9908-6e0bbaef5ee2
  10. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need menu bar toggle for dark/light nov. 2019 windows 10