Windows 10: disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing

Discus and support disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i want to disable desktop notification for specific program, but program isn't showing under: "Get notifications from these senders". Thanks for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Jun 23, 2018.

1. empleat Win User

disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing

Hello,
    i want to disable desktop notification for specific program, but program isn't showing under: "Get notifications from these senders".
    Thanks for help.

Edit: never mind i found out how disable notification in that program, but for in future, i may have program in which i can't do that, so i would like to know how to disable notification, if program isn't showing in notification setting.

:)

empleat, Jun 23, 2018
  2. jdanniel Win User

Can I Disable Popup Action Center Notifications for a Specific Program

Hello, everyone, I am using Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 17134.48.

May I please request some assistance disabling Action Center notifications for one particular program? I know how to disable the notifications from apps and other senders, but I'm not sure how to disable notifications for selected programs if they are not in the Get Notifications from These Senders list.

I have a freeware audio converter called Media Human. When a file is converted, a notification appears on screen. The problem is, a notification appears for each and every file, whether it's one or 100, or 250.

The freeware app isn't listed in that Get Notifications list, so I was wondering if there's a way to disable notifications for that program, while leaving other notifications enabled.

If this is not possible, then I suppose I could temporarily disable all notifications while using that program. But if I can selectively disable that program permanently, I'd prefer that.

Is this possible? If so, what is the procedure? If not, then is my alternative the most practical one, or is there a better option?

Thank you! J. Danniel

PS: Just to clarify, I'm referring to the notifications that appear on screen in real time. I don't care about the notifications that are inside the Action Center. I can just clear them out whenever I open that area. But if I have to disable them both, that's fine by me. Thank you.

jdanniel, Jun 23, 2018
  3. Disable optimal resolution check and notice

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the Optimal Resolution Notification:

• Right click on the on the empty area on the Desktop.
    • Select Graphics options > Balloon Notification >
      Optimal Resolution Notification > Disable.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 23, 2018
  4. disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing

How to disable notification and sound for apps in Windows 10

Hello Simon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you want to disable only Outlook notification?

• When do you get this notification?

• Do you want to disable other app notifications as well?

You will receive notification along with the sound if you have enabled settings accordingly for the application to notify you.

If you want to disable Outlook notification on Mail app, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Mail and select the top most search result.

• Click on the Settings icon located at the bottom left corner of the app and select
      Notifications from the popped window on the right side.

• Check/uncheck the appropriate options from the Notifications window.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

If you want to disable other notifications on your PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select System and click on
      Notifications & actions
      from the left side panel of the screen.

• Enable/disable the apps notification from the window accordingly and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 23, 2018
Thema:

disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing

1. disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing - Similar Threads - disable desktop notification

2. News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled: I find the red notification icon in the "news and interests" bar in the taskbar to be annoying. Hovering over "news and interests" shows that there is indeed a notification. However, I have disabled notifications under settings/notifications in the "news and interests"...
  3. News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled: I find the red notification icon in the "news and interests" bar in the taskbar to be annoying. Hovering over "news and interests" shows that there is indeed a notification. However, I have disabled notifications under settings/notifications in the "news and interests"...
  4. News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable

Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable: As stated in the subject title, whenever I want to disable notifications for any one program through Windows' settings, it appears it is off, but it somehow turns itself back on when I return to that screen. I've provided a video showcasing my issue:...
  6. DISABLED PROGRAM

DISABLED PROGRAM: I would like to know why you arbitrarily deleted my Vipre Security Pro? I paid for a years subscription and you have disabled it and I want it back. What gives you the right to decide what security system I should have???...
  7. Disable Show Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Show Desktop: Hi is there a way to disable just the show desktop gesture? I always accidentally do it when I'm scrolling down on a web page. submitted by /u/ll01dm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0yeuo/disable_show_desktop/
  8. Disable Notifications

Disable Notifications: My wife's Windows 10 computer get notification sounds any time night or day and they are driving us crazy. I have turned off notifications for Facebook and Gmail but they still keep coming. How can I figure out where they are coming from so that I can TURN THEM OFF?...
  9. Show app notification grey button (disable)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show app notification grey button (disable): Hi, i have recently updated to windows 10 and i have the same problem that i had in windows 8. I've never been able to solve it. The option "show app notification" is disabled and i have the message "Some setting are managed by your organization". Attached you can find a...
  10. How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?: I keep getting notifications that startup programs are making Windows load slowly. However, my setting to disable this is grayed-out. See my attachment. Any ideas on how to get it where it can be toggled? 14202