Windows 10: Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo

Discus and support Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In 10 v1511 there is a new entry in the start menu search called "device search history" that is enabled by default. I use Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kozukumi, Dec 4, 2015.

1. kozukumi Win User

Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo

In 10 v1511 there is a new entry in the start menu search called "device search history" that is enabled by default.

I use

Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] "AllowCortana"=dword:00000000 "DisableWebSearch"=dword:00000001 "ConnectedSearchUseWeb"=dword:00000000[/quote] to disable Cortana and Online Search however I cannot find a setting to disable device search history. Anyone know of how to do it? Thanks!

:)

kozukumi, Dec 4, 2015
  2. rwb1012 Win User

Removing CORTANA from Windows 10

Disable the Cortana services and search functionality is also disabled (Win Key + S, etc).

rwb1012, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Cannot install Windows Store Apps on Windows 10 Update 1511

Figured it out! Was my own fault. I had created a GPO to disable the Windows Store via the registry. I removed the Registry key and it works now.

DanielChandler-Klein, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo

1. Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo - Similar Threads - Disable device search

2. Permanently disable latest update search bar via registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable latest update search bar via registry: HelloLatest update to Windows 10 22H2 which is 5030300 bring back another failure which is a new search bar docked to the left of screen.The question is how to permanently disable it for current user and all users from registry?Thanks....
  3. Permanently disable latest update search bar via registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently disable latest update search bar via registry: HelloLatest update to Windows 10 22H2 which is 5030300 bring back another failure which is a new search bar docked to the left of screen.The question is how to permanently disable it for current user and all users from registry?Thanks....
  4. Permanently disable latest update search bar via registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry: I have a USB device in my device manger called "USB Station" -- this appears to be a device / driver for my docking station. There is no Power Management option for this device in the device manager. How can I change the registry so that 'Allow the computer to turn off this...
  6. Disable drives like "G" via GPO?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable drives like "G" via GPO?: Moin, I'm currently building a Citrix Farm with virtual machines (Windows 10 for the clients and Windows Server 2016 for the servers) running on terminal servers, now I don't want the users connecting to the Citrix Farm to see any drives. By default it is possible to disable...
  7. Disabling Keys via Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Keys via Registry: I need to disable the Ctrl, Alt, Del, Esc, an function keys. These need to be registry edits, not through 3rd party software. Thanks in advance :) 141760
  8. How to disable screensaver in Windows 10 v1803 Ent via Registry or GPO

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable screensaver in Windows 10 v1803 Ent via Registry or GPO: Hi All, Since our Windows 10 migration, we are having an issue with one of our GPO to disable screensavers for a AD group. If the user/computer were apart of the NoScreenSaver group, it would send down a couple of registry keys. Now with Windows 10 v1803, that policy is no...
  9. Disable Mail app via GPO

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Mail app via GPO: Hello, In our environment we have the problem that the default association for the mailto: protocol is not consistently set to open Outlook. So many users who click a mailto: link will be presented with the Mail app instead of Outlook. Then they end up logging in their...
  10. Disabling Search History In Google Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Search History In Google Search: I have been trying to disable the Google Search History which shows up every time I use Google but cannot find any instructions on how to do it. I hope that someone can assist me in this matter. Thank you. Regards, 92456

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Device serach history GPO

2. Device Search registry Windows

3. cortana device history gpo

4. cortana device search history registry,
  5. gpo device history